Melting Paint???

Thread: Melting Paint???

Melting Paint???

I picked up a used Fisherman this week. Forgive me because I left it at home and came in to work so the exact model eludes me for now.

When I pulled it from the box, I noticed something sticky on the bezel. The tan "G-Shock" painted above the 12 o'clock mark (I know, digital watch has no 12 o'clock) was smudging. I assume it was from the extreme heat of the delivery truck causing it to melt.

I am wondering if this would have happened w/ original paint? The seller says he hadn't painted it and never actually wore it. A previous owner could indeed have painted it.

This is not a complaint about the transaction as it is an older watch and it is in otherwise good shape. I just want to fix this.

If the paint got this sticky and gooey just from heat, I'd rather just remove it and go black. Would Goof-Off be my best course of action?

Re: Melting Paint???

Well, when I got home, a little Goof Off did the trick. No more melting paint, but... no more paint period, so it is now somewhat "stealthed".

You can see it on bottom left.

Looks cool with the paint removed. Also, I see you like good beer! New Holland Brewing Company "Mad Hatter" (from my home town in Holland, Michigan) and Bell's "Two Hearted Ale." YUM!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eskerbillion View Post
    Looks cool with the paint removed. Also, I see you like good beer! New Holland Brewing Company "Mad Hatter" (from my home town in Holland, Michigan) and Bell's "Two Hearted Ale." YUM!
    Thanks. I am all over the Two Hearted. Was into Hangin' Frank from Short's Brewery, but they were forced to pull it from shelves due to concerns over the logo and name.

I do not think I will attempt to repaint the Fisherman. It is not original now, but it looks good and does the trick.

Thread Information