Men In Rescue Orange (MIRO), Rescue G's, and Extended Family
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Men In Rescue Orange (MIRO), Rescue G's, and Extended Family

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Men In Rescue Orange (MIRO), Rescue G's, and Extended Family

So, have you ever purchased a set of G-Shocks, or a single for that matter, thinking it was something, and it turned out to be something else but it made everything cooler? Well, that happened to me recently. Last week I purchased what I thought (and the seller as well, to be fair) was the MIRO set. They were the watches I thought they were, and . . .. . . . wait a second. Do you know what the set looks like?

Name:  3 Wise Men.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  874.8 KB

OK, look a little more familiar? Didn't realize there was a set or maybe you know them inside and out? Thought I did, I was wrong but what else is new? What tipped me off that I might not know what I thought I knew (wow, there's a fantastic sentence!) was a thread about Gulfman watches recently. If you don't already know, the Gulfman series is pretty fascinating. It turns out during this generation (9100's) there were two. the G9100 which is non-solar and non-atomic (the one I got above) and the GW9100 which is solar AND atomic. It turns out these two watches are pretty different. Starting with the GW NOT having tide graph.

Upon digging further I found a G-peopleland piece and WHOA! Hold on! What????

So, the Men In Rescue Orange was a Japan only release. For the rest of world they did non-atomics and called it the Rescue G's. The crazy part is that this generation of both the Gulfman and the Mudman are pretty different in atomic and non-atomic forms. As a matter of fact, the Mudman of this series is also NOT available solar and non-atomic. Our main man Sjors can speak a little more about this as well. As a matter of fact he goes over the Gulfman and the atomic riseman as well.

So, it turns out I've acquired the Rescue G collection. I find this very cool, this might actually be the biggest collection of Master of G's made (when you include the MIRO's) just because the watches are so different other than the Riseman!

Starting with the Riseman, the Orange and black just looks good. Even on the side.

Name:  Riseman on Side.jpg
Views: 1940
Size:  248.9 KB

I also happen to like how the colors are a kind of invert of the Men In Smokey Gray Riseman.

Name:  Risemen Spooning.jpg
Views: 4927
Size:  310.3 KB

And of course, the back

Name:  Riseman Back.jpg
Views: 1940
Size:  390.3 KB

While we're here there is also the Gulfman back

Name:  Gulfman Back.jpg
Views: 1970
Size:  459.6 KB

And the Mudman back

Name:  Mudman Back.jpg
Views: 2035
Size:  385.4 KB

Speaking of Mudman, I think it is time to bring in my idea of the extended family. You know how there can be a couple, you think you know how the kid is gonna look, kid comes out a little different but the family resemblance is strong? That's how I feel about the GLX150-4 and the Mudman. I call the GLX the "Son of MIRO", well "Son of Rescue G" doesn't put the same picture in my mind.

Name:  Father Son.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  515.6 KB

See the family ties? Even the "oranged" face? It's cool. But the GLX didn't turn out EXACTLY the same. The view from a little higher up shows more of the color difference.

Name:  Father Son from above.jpg
Views: 1900
Size:  525.9 KB

See what I mean here? OK, there is another relative in the house. King MIRO! Yup, you read that right! No, again it is not an official name. I think this King gets more postive press than all the others combined and with good reason! Here is a family shot:

Name:  Relatives.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  906.6 KB

And, of course, everyone loves the Gulfman

Name:  Everyone Loves the Gulfman.jpg
Views: 2617
Size:  437.9 KB

In short, I picked up 5 orange watches this month (dang, is that some sort of G-Shock record?) Thought I had "gotten them all" only to find out there are a couple more super cool ones to get. That is one thing I love about G-Shocks in general. A lot of depth, and a lot to learn. Hope to update this thread in the future.
    Last edited by Chrisek; September 21st, 2012 at 11:46.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: Men In Rescue Orange (MIRO), Rescue G's, and Extended Family

Mate, awesome collection of Rescue Gs! All you need now is an orange Frog (of some sort) and you're ready for action!

Chrisek and Feisar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    Mate, awesome collection of Rescue Gs! All you need now is an orange Frog (of some sort) and you're ready for action!
    Thanks kiwidj! There are definitely frogs in my future, as well as MIRO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

Impressive gathering!
    May I infer you like orange?
    Chrisek likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Exceptional post Chris!!! I have an "Orange Crush" with your MIROs and Rescues. Glad to see the King arrived quickly and safely.

Enjoy my friend!
    Chrisek likes this.
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

mmmmmm .... orange! Great looking collection, now all you need is the orange aviator!
    Feisar and Chrisek like this.

whole hearted congras to you for getting this setare you still chasing those MIRO made for Japan market only ?
    Chrisek likes this.

amazing post Chris!!! Wow!! That's all I have to say.
    Chrisek likes this.

@Feisar: the king solidified the set I was after. Thank you for the help!

@JonL: I have the orange gw4000, but it's a little different.

@G-Fob: thank you and yes, most definitely the actual MIRO set. Looks like it'll be a little bit of a challenge though as the pieces don't seem readily available.

@WillyLix: thank you! I was pretty excited when the pieces fell into place to get everything at once (well a couple weeks anyway) vs stretching everything out. I've been looking to get this group together for a little bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Impressive gathering!
    May I infer you like orange?
    LUW, thought you'd be pleased to know the "Rescue G" is my first positive display collection! And i'm not looking to do the neg display mod on these.

I just happen to really like the way these pieces look, yes the orange rocks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information