Merry Christmas To Me

Thread: Merry Christmas To Me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Merry Christmas To Me

I had a bit of extra money this holiday season, so I ordered a couple of presents to myself. They should arrive early next week.

First off, a shiny new GW-9100 Gulfman. I got the non-atomic version last Christmas, and love it. Personally, I think that the atomic Gulfman is the best looking newly designed G-Shock to come from Casio in many years. It has that great boxy and bulky feeling of the late '90's G-Shocks. The six-shooter in the display is just wicked!!! I also love the shape, feel and look of the buttons on this model.

Next is a new pair of kicks. I got my first pair of Etnies from a skateboard shop over the summer. I was looking for some Converse Chucks, but the comfort of the Etnies just blew me away. Maybe the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn. My Etnies just finally started to wear through the soles, so I ordered up a new pair of Etnies Capitals.

Re: Merry Christmas To Me

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    I had a bit of extra money this holiday season, so I ordered a couple of presents to myself. They should arrive early next week.

First off, a shiny new GW-9100 Gulfman. I got the non-atomic version last Christmas, and love it. Personally, I think that the atomic Gulfman is the best looking newly designed G-Shock to come from Casio in many years. It has that great boxy and bulky feeling of the late '90's G-Shocks. The six-shooter in the display is just wicked!!! I also love the shape, feel and look of the buttons on this model.

Next is a new pair of kicks. I got my first pair of Etnies from a skateboard shop over the summer. I was looking for some Converse Chucks, but the comfort of the Etnies just blew me away. Maybe the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn. My Etnies just finally started to wear through the soles, so I ordered up a new pair of Etnies Capitals.

A Merry Christmas, indeed. Congratulations, Buzz. I agree that the GW9100 is a handsome watch; I especially like the color scheme on that model.

Enjoy the watch! I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how the G and GW Gulfman models compare.

Buzzbait i really want to get one of those atomic Gulfman watches once i'm back flying the B-777 i might bid for a Narita and pop into Tokyo to get one.For those who've never been to Japan its all You'd expect and then some!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Buzzbait!

Congratulations to your new watch and the etnies!

I have a GW-9100 in the mail right now and if nothing goes wrong, I'll be wearing it tomorrow night Unfortunately, no new shoes for me...

Enjoy and take care
    Clemi

Congrats,.... that may be my next target. :)
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

So far the GW-9100 is the only digital with an eye that I like. I would just like to see one in person before I pull the trigger. But then, I'm sure I could sell it here if it didn't work for me.

Congratulations on both!

Congrats! The Gulfman is a great looking watch, the only thing I don't like is the strap, the 2nd set of ribs kill my wrist. I may order a riseman or DW-9052 strap since they fit almost perfectly.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    Personally, I think that the atomic Gulfman is the best looking newly designed G-Shock to come from Casio in many years.

The Buzzbait endorsement - right, that's that settled.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by apnk View Post
    Congrats! The Gulfman is a great looking watch, the only thing I don't like is the strap, the 2nd set of ribs kill my wrist. I may order a riseman or DW-9052 strap since they fit almost perfectly.
    I have a Riseman strap on mine- it is night and day more comfortable and looks great to boot- more similar to the older Gulf and Fisherman straps (longer with a slightly pointed end)

What? No Etnies love? I was sure that at least Tribe was an avid skateboarder.......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information