WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Metal Band for GWG-1000?

12K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Caterham Kid 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm a new member, and just added a new watch to my collection.

I was wondering if there's a metal band for GWG-1000.

I'm a long time Casio watch owner, and have several in my youth, and one of the coolest which I don't have it anymore and cannot find the picture or model name was a Casio with LCD mimicking 3 analog, and the band was slide-in replaceable, very cool and elegant, then went to an early G-Shock 5600 variant, Databank Telememo 50, Databank Databank Telememo with keypad DBC-100, then MTG-910DA-1V, GW-6900, GW4000D-1A, GW-6900A-7, and now GWG-1000-1A9JF.

My favorite has been the metal band like MTG-910, and now using everyday my GW4000D-1A.

Would like to get a metal band for GWG-1000.

Next model I'd like to get would be GW-6900BC-1, and perhaps GW-M5610BC-1J

Farther down, I might consider adding the more expensive G-Shock as well.

So for now, anyone could help me get metal band that's for GWG-1000?

Thanks,

GG

See less See more
#3 ·
Dammit, I wanted to be the one to tell him, I also wanted a metal bracelet pre purchase of my own, but have now got use to the very rugged resin strap!

#6 ·
Why not use JaysAndKays® GShock sangle adapters + Stainless Steel Solid Link Watch Band Strap Straight End ??
Check this out it is not a GWG 1000 but a GG 1000.
It looks pretty good

View attachment 12714317
These bullbars do not fit this Watch correctly.

Reactions: stevenkelby
#5 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Yep, still won't fit as per illustration above...

#11 ·
#16 ·
You might want to try my solution and trim some shark mesh to fit the narrow lugs of a G.
The lug size is not the issue, the unique lower shaping of the strap attachment is the issue...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

#15 ·
Oh bugger - I want! Where can you get those adapters from? I have searched the jayandkays shop on both Ebay & Etsy, and nothing. Do you have a link for availability?

#20 ·
mmm... like this?

But I had some issues ?

Reactions: Reith
#24 ·
StephenWatch

I have just had another look at the link you provided. The Jays and Kays adapters on yours look a little different. The ones I have were specifically listed for the GWG1000 and the plastics parts on the underside are retained on my setup. The only bits not re-used are 4 small pins and the original strap obviously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.