Metal Band Vs Resin Band

Thread: Metal Band Vs Resin Band

Metal Band Vs Resin Band

I am trying to decide whether I should get a metal or resin band G-Shock. Which of the two do you prefer and why? I will be wearing it everyday to college and other activities. Which one do you think is better? Which one is more comfortable? Also will the metal band have scratches and paint come off?

Cheers, Mike

Re: Metal Band Vs Resin Band

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingWatch View Post
    I am trying to decide whether I should get a metal or resin band G-Shock. Which of the two do you prefer and why? I will be wearing it everyday to college and other activities. Which one do you think is better? Which one is more comfortable? Also will the metal band have scratches and paint come off?
    What sorts of "other activities" do you have planned for your new G? If there is likely to be a lot of bouncing or jarring impacts, you might prefer the lighter weight of a resin strap.

You also don't have to limit yourself to resin straps or metal bracelets -- quite a few G-Shocks accept adapters so you can use a nylon (or even a leather) Zulu-type strap!
    Last edited by Mike K; January 27th, 2014 at 05:09.

By "other activities" I mean traveling, the odd run, hike, or jog.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

With only a couple of exceptions (5600j and an old DWX-112) I've found the resin bands to be very uncomfortable. Either go for the bracelet or invest in the NATO strap adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingWatch View Post
    By "other activities" I mean traveling, the odd run, hike, or jog.
    You'll probably be fine with any sort of strap, then. I've never installed a metal/composite bracelet on a G-Shock, but I've had them on other watches and mostly liked them -- unless I was going to be swimming, mountain biking, or playing volleyball, for instance.

I've never had an "uncomfortable" resin strap, but a couple of years ago I got a G with a resin strap that just didn't seem to fit my wrist very well, and tried adapters and a nylon Zulu strap. Now I have that type of strap on about half of my most-commonly worn watches.

I prefer a bracelet for casual wear and a resin strap for physical activity such as hiking, running, or swimming.

Thread Information