Metal Plate inside the Exterior Black Bezel of the current G5600E & DW5600E

Thread: Metal Plate inside the Exterior Black Bezel of the current G5600E & DW5600E

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Question Metal Plate inside the Exterior Black Bezel of the current G5600E & DW5600E

Does the current G5600E & DW5600E have a metal stainless steel plate embedded inside the exterior black bezel? I saw a thread in here a while back with a picture of a DW5600 bezel that was broken or melted that had what looked like a stainless steel metal plate embedded underneath or inside the black exterior bezel where the bezel meets the top part of the hard plastic resin watch case.
    Does the G5600E and the DW5600E have this same metal piece/plate embedded inside or underneath the exterior black bezel too? Does anybody here know?
    Last edited by dimitribouras; July 9th, 2010 at 07:22.

Re: Metal Plate inside the Exterior Black Bezel of the current G5600E & DW5600E

Dimitri,
    If the post is the same one that I remember, the steel plate is actually within the plastic case of the watch - not the removable bezel.

I surmise that the plate is there to give rigidity to the case and to make it strong enough around the glass so that there is enough pressure on the seal around the glass to make the watch case water resistant to 200 metres.

Having handled the bezels for the DW-5600E and the GW-M5600, I can assure you there is no metal plate in the bezel itself.

Thread Information