Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Member Fergfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,240

    Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    Indeed you may. Doorbell rang on the early side this morning, kids still in bed. I now have a 1997 MR-G 200TZ to admire over the weekend. The 200 and 210 can be considered siblings in a way, they share the same 1637 module:

    Name:  IMG_0233.JPG
Views: 232
Size:  45.9 KB

    My new 200TZ (and previously acquired 210TZ) are special variations in that they have a special grid-like display background that I've never seen on any other Casio. They also have an engraved clasp and different dial color than other 200/210's:

    Name:  IMG_0234.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  68.5 KB

    The rubber caseback ring is in great shape, as is the whole watch in general. They did make SS versions but I prefer titanium.

    Name:  IMG_0235.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  32.3 KB

    Clasp:

    Name:  IMG_0236.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  52.2 KB

    Wrist shot. Beautiful. Love the integrated 5th button for the light.

    Name:  IMG_0237.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  141.9 KB

    Have a great weekend all. Ferg
    Last edited by Fergfour; October 28th, 2017 at 16:42.

  2. #2
    Member BlackTie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    117

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Indeed you may. Doorbell rang on the early side this morning, kids still in bed. I now have a 1997 MR-G 200TZ to admire over the weekend. The 200 and 210 can be considered siblings in a way, they share the same 1637 module:

    Name:  IMG_0233.JPG
Views: 232
Size:  45.9 KB

    My new 200TZ (and previously acquired 210TZ) are special variations in that they have a special grid-like display background that I've never seen on any other Casio. They also have an engraved clasp and different dial color than other 200/210's:

    Name:  IMG_0234.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  68.5 KB

    The rubber caseback ring is in great shape, as is the whole watch in general. They did make SS versions but I prefer titanium.

    Name:  IMG_0235.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  32.3 KB

    Clasp:

    Name:  IMG_0236.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  52.2 KB

    Wrist shot. Beautiful. Love the integrated 5th button for the light.

    Name:  IMG_0237.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  141.9 KB

    Have a great weekend all. Ferg
    What a lovely watch!!! Wear it in good health!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Fergfour likes this.

  3. #3
    Member Steelerswit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9,840

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post

    Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?
    yes, you may, you have my address,,,lol
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member sodamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fareham, UK
    Posts
    2,194

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    If you're offering......

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    ruizjaime26, Fergfour and jzoo like this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,178

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    Beautiful! How are you able to find such fine examples?

  7. #6
    Member HiggsBoson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,958

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    Awesome watches, I love em.
    Why don't Casio release MRG watches like this anymore?!

  8. #7
    Member Fergfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    Beautiful! How are you able to find such fine examples?
    Patience. Persistence. You have to let some go as well due to bidding wars.
    ruizjaime26, kevio and BlackTie like this.

  9. #8
    Member Fergfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    Quote Originally Posted by spikeyadrian View Post
    Awesome watches, I love em.
    Why don't Casio release MRG watches like this anymore?!
    They could have been too costly to produce, lack of sales, change in the overall business direction, who knows maybe there was a titanium shortage in the late 90's lol.
    I'm thankful that some owners took good care of them over the past 2 decades though!
    HiggsBoson likes this.

  10. #9
    Member kubr1ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,651

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    The engraved clasp is stunning. Congrats on yet another winning purchase!
    Fergfour likes this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

  11. #10
    Member MainePorsche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    I'm right here...
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Might I interest you in a 20 year old MR-G this morning?

    Great Watch Ferg.
    Wear it well.
    Fergfour likes this.


    Timepieces

    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 23
      Last Post: July 15th, 2010, 03:29
    2. Replies: 18
      Last Post: March 29th, 2010, 17:14
    3. Replies: 3
      Last Post: January 11th, 2009, 06:10
    4. Replies: 6
      Last Post: May 17th, 2008, 02:15
    5. Replies: 8
      Last Post: April 2nd, 2006, 00:07

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •