Mil-shock Question

Thread: Mil-shock Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mil-shock Question

!
    Last edited by milkjugs; July 26th, 2008 at 12:42.

Re: Mil-shock Question

Countycomm sold them a little while back and when they're gone, they're gone..The only way to really find one is through a private seller/pre-owned, but they are pretty popular and desireable so I'm not sure what they would go for on the secondary market. I actually think $75 would be a good deal/a steal in NIB condition since I believe they went for closer to $90-$100 brand new when they were being sold. As far as other places to look other than WUS, there's also the MWR Forum over at Broadarrow.net, PMWF sales forum, and a host of other cites but those 2 are the closest ones that come to mind...You can TRY TZ or watchnet as Casio's sometimes make it on there sales corners but probably unlikely...Dive watch sites like EOT probably won't have them either...

But keep looking, they do come up for sale every once in a blue moon. The last person I remember getting ahold of one was BruceS, but I don't remember who he got it from and IIRC, I believe it was pre-owned.

-Darin

I agree that $75 would be a steal for one in good shape. I got lucky and found one that was like new on UK ebay and paid under £30 for it. I wouldn't expect to find many deals like that.
    Wear what you like.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just a question... what is the meaning of MIL-SHOCK?
    Salva
    Salva

Quote Originally Posted by Schirra View Post
    Just a question... what is the meaning of MIL-SHOCK?
    "Mil-Shock" was the term coined for this modified DW-5600E. The tiny spring bars and standard band have always been considered the achille's heel of the G-Shock for extremely heavy duty work. The "cure" was to widen the lugs from 16mm to 20 or 22mm and equipped with thick, fixed bars and a nylon strap. This gave the watch a real military "mil" look, and the name was born.

I'd love to find one of these rare birds, and $75 is a great price.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Thanks... a watch for me I think...!
    From what I read it's so impossible to find isn't?
    Salva
    Salva

Wow, I dont think i have ever heard of that style until now either. Very cool.. Would love to see one. Just when you think your a Master Of G..lol.

Any one have a pic of one of these?
    Seiko SBDC061
    Seiko PADI Samurai SRPB99
    Rolex 16610 Sub
    Rolex 16600 SD
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT
    G-Shock GD400-MB
    G-Shock Mudmaster GWG-1000-1A3JF
    Casio Pathfinder

found pics and info here, dont know how accurate it is, but it seems legit..
    http://www.broadarrow.net/salemilshock.htm

-kirko

Mil-Shock answers...

Aloha,

As Doug has correctly described, the Mil-Shock is a DW5600E with the strap lug width increased from 16mm to 20mm and a fixed stainless steel strap pin substituted for a spring bar. The origiinal Mil-Shock was a design exercise by government contractor CountyComm in response to the request from a government agency for a watch with G-Shock type durability but with a military-type fixed bar and one-piece strap system. Those original prototypes (white bezel lettering) were made about 2000. After that, there were none produced for 2 or 3 years (my memory is fuzzy), then limited quantities were produced and sold by CountyComm and MWR. I have one, and it is neither from the prototype batch nor from the production batches (mine was made about 9 months before they went on sale), but rather a gift from the individual who produced all the Mil-Shocks. You'll occasionally find one for sale on MWR, but there will not likely be any more made. Here are front and back photos of mine (which now resides on a 20mm black Zulu strap):

And, here's one that you'll never see -- I don't think there were more than 4 or 5 ever made -- the Tough Solar version. And no, I don't have one...

Mahalo,

andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information