MIRB Frogman arrives - initial impressions

Thread: MIRB Frogman arrives - initial impressions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picture MIRB Frogman arrives - initial impressions

After being stuck in customs for two weeks my MIRB (GW-200MS-1D) Frogman finally arrived I basically bought this one because I was intrigued by Frogs. I couldn't see myself spending double of what this one costs (and I still can't BTW) on a Brazilian Frog or a Kermit (still love both) and I wanted to see what's the fuss about Frogs. I really like the MIRB look. The resin is very difficult to capture (esp. in the current poor autumn light). I've included the second pic, because IMHO it catches the color of the resin best. The "specs" are hardly noticable in reality. I love the color of the display - it's definately NOT pink(ish) as suggested on some stock pics. It's more like bronze
    Despite the large size, it fits my tiny wrist better than the Mudman does!
    The minor negatives: 1. The backlight isn't as bright as on other (solar) Gs - maybe because of the colored display? 2. No real GMT/2nd time zone: There are 10 pre-programmed popular diving sites, but no 24 time zones. I live in the CET and for instance the time zone I travell most (GMT/LON) is not available. Mind you, the pre-programmed zones can pre changed into custom zones.
    Overall - for the price I paid ($255) a pretty cool watch. At the moment I can't see myself spending twice the price on another GW-200 (as cool as they might look). The new atomic Frog is cool too, and I might be tempted some day when prices should drop below $500...
    Till then I'll just enjoy this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cheers,
    Micha

Re: MIRB Frogman arrives - initial impressions

Congratulations.

You guys are making it real hard to stay out of the Froggie Club.

Enjoy.

That Frog is one of my faves. Congrats and wear it well.

Mine says hello...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: MIRB Frogman arrives - initial impressions

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    That Frog is one of my faves. Congrats and wear it well.

Mine says hello...

This pic captures the MIRB Frog the best I've seen...

...should send it to Casio.

I just took the plunge, it should arrive on my birthday.

New York City: "The city that never sleeps". If it got some sleep, it wouldn't look so crappy!

Quote Originally Posted by Micha View Post
    The minor negatives: 1. The backlight isn't as bright as on other (solar) Gs - maybe because of the colored display?
    I think you are right: it's the reddish display. I've also read comments that the LCD on the Master Blue Frogman is dim and hard to read.
    The human eye is most sensitive to the color green. We can distinguish more shades of green than of any other color, and green is the last color to fade to gray in low lighting and nocturnal situations. That's why highway and road signs are usually (at least in the U.S.) colored green, and luminova and tritium tubes are usually made to glow green. People often comment that watches with red or blue LCD, luminova or tritium tubes have a dimmer glow than those with the usual green color. Actually, they're glowing just as brightly as the green versions-- our eyes just can't see as much of the red or blue light.
    The best watch is the one that makes you happiest... and tells the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    This pic captures the MIRB Frog the best I've seen...

...should send it to Casio.
    :thanks

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    I think you are right: it's the reddish display. I've also read comments that the LCD on the Master Blue Frogman is dim and hard to read.
    The human eye is most sensitive to the color green. We can distinguish more shades of green than of any other color, and green is the last color to fade to gray in low lighting and nocturnal situations. That's why highway and road signs are usually (at least in the U.S.) colored green, and luminova and tritium tubes are usually made to glow green. People often comment that watches with red or blue LCD, luminova or tritium tubes have a dimmer glow than those with the usual green color. Actually, they're glowing just as brightly as the green versions-- our eyes just can't see as much of the red or blue light.
    Interesting! Didn't know that! But, the lume is green though My logic was that the display looks a little darker.
    Cheers,
    Micha

Quote Originally Posted by Micha View Post
    The backlight isn't as bright as on other (solar) Gs - maybe because of the colored display?
    My MIRB Frogman actually has a brighter backlight than my Black Dawn Frogman! And the Black Dawn has a much clearer nonsubdued display! In fact, the BD Frogman is one of my dimmest-glowing Casios.

Here they are, first the MIRB:

--Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregNYC View Post
    My MIRB Frogman actually has a brighter backlight than my Black Dawn Frogman! And the Black Dawn has a much clearer nonsubdued display! In fact, the BD Frogman is one of my dimmest-glowing Casios.
    Well, so much for my theory
    Cheers,
    Micha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information