MIRB Frogman: Refresh kit

Thread: MIRB Frogman: Refresh kit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture MIRB Frogman: Refresh kit

Luckily I live fairly close to Casio's Canadian head office and have become good friends with the manager of the parts dept. I went in about a month ago to order some spares parts for my MIRB Frogman and was told that the band/bezels were heavily back ordered(2-3 months). He told me he'd see what he could do and voila, 4 weeks later my order had arrived. Along with the band/bezel I ordered a few gaskets, 4 black bezel screws(forgot to include them in the shot) and 4 titanium bezel screws for my atomic Gulfman.

Pic of a couple of other spare Frogman band/bezels sets which I have acquired as backups for my existing watches.
    On the left - band/bezel set for the basic blue GW-200 frogman(almost impossible to source now). On the right - band/bezel set for the black/blue triple crown of surfing Frogman.

Re: MIRB Frogman: Refresh kit

That'll be good stuff to have down the road.

Four black bezel screws? I was told those screws are silver on the MIRB and always thought those screws were only available in silver or gold. Please confirm what color these screws are that you got and what color they are on the MIRB (are they the same as the buckle).

Thanks.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are black ion plated as is the buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock View Post
    They are black ion plated.
    Aren't the buckle and fake screws on the bezel are different than the buttons? As long as the buttons are the same as those on the MB Frogman I think they are. I have a MB and a band for the MIRB, they sure look different. Are you saying the buttons on the MIRB are different than those on the MB?
    Last edited by natornate; September 7th, 2009 at 02:18.
    -Nate
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by natornate View Post
    Aren't the buckle and fake screws on the bezel are different than the buttons? As long as the buttons are the same as those on the MB Frogman I think they are. I have a MB and a band for the MIRB, they sure look different. Are you saying the buttons on the MIRB are different than those on the MB?
    The pushers and buckle are indentical in colour as are the the 4 bezel screws. The two "decorative" hex screws which are affixed to the bezel are ion plated as well but are slightly lighter in colour.

I cannot comment on the differences between the master blue and MIRB as I don't own a MB.

Hope this helps.

Terry

Here are photos of the cosmetic screws and the bracelet - sorry, no buttons!

--Greg

Nice. spare band and bezel is always good to have around, albeit, you can buy a complete watch for some of the band/bezel sets.
    Couple of watches here and there

Hey Nate,

I have confirmed and commented somewhere in WUS that the bezel screws of MIRB Frog is different from the MB. It looks in similar tone to the MIRB hex screws on the bezel.

To also note, a MB hex screw color tone looks similar to a MIRB but the MB's bezel screws are plain silver color. I have both to confirm the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by eonianaerial View Post
    Hey Nate,

I have confirmed and commented somewhere in WUS that the bezel screws of MIRB Frog is different from the MB. It looks in similar tone to the MIRB hex screws on the bezel.

To also note, a MB hex screw color tone looks similar to a MIRB but the MB's bezel screws are plain silver color. I have both to confirm the difference.
    Thanks, I might have to get some MIRB screws. I sprayed my MB screws flat black and they now look way better than the standard silver.

-Nate
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information