Mod to Negative Display

Thread: Mod to Negative Display

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member Francis Drebin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    55

    Mod to Negative Display

    So I have read all the threads on moding your watch to a negative display and I have a question.

    In all of the threads I have read, it mentions ordering the polarized film from an online supplier. It appears that they have a minimum of 2 ft which brings the minimum price to $30 before shipping.

    Has anyone tried going to walmart or autozone and buying some inexpensive polarized window tint? I have no clue if it will work but it is usually sticky on one side and pretty inexpensive.

    Just wondering if anyone has tried this.
    Waiting to buy the new 9110
    G 9100-1
    GW 9200-1
    GW 9000A-1
    G 9000MS-1
    DW 5600MS-1
    Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch
    Luminox 1582 Sea Series Diver
    Swiss Army 1884 Officer's Watch

  2. #2
    Member shaefro58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    472

    Re: Mod to Negative Display

    if your looking for a super cost effective way of reversing the display, head down to any local movie theater that does 3D movies, and kindly ask for a pair of 3D glasses, either brand new or out the recycle glasses bin. Works perfect...

    shannon

  3. #3
    Member Francis Drebin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    55

    Re: Mod to Negative Display

    Quote Originally Posted by shaefro58 View Post
    if your looking for a super cost effective way of reversing the display, head down to any local movie theater that does 3D movies, and kindly ask for a pair of 3D glasses, either brand new or out the recycle glasses bin. Works perfect...

    shannon
    How do you get it to stick to the glass? I thought you needed some form of laminate on one side of the film to hold it in place.
    Waiting to buy the new 9110
    G 9100-1
    GW 9200-1
    GW 9000A-1
    G 9000MS-1
    DW 5600MS-1
    Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch
    Luminox 1582 Sea Series Diver
    Swiss Army 1884 Officer's Watch

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Cyber-Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    179

    Re: Mod to Negative Display

    I see Polarized Film for Lcds in Ebay today.

    ______________________________________
    Mzi Chrono Master

  6. #5
    Member Cyber-Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    179

    Re: Mod to Negative Display

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Drebin View Post
    How do you get it to stick to the glass? I thought you needed some form of laminate on one side of the film to hold it in place.
    You looking for this:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/POLARIZED-FILM-C...item2eaeaee444

    You find it.

    All the best
    Mzi Chrono Master

  7. #6
    Member BREAKWATER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Mod to Negative Display

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Drebin View Post
    So I have read all the threads on moding your watch to a negative display and I have a question.

    In all of the threads I have read, it mentions ordering the polarized film from an online supplier. It appears that they have a minimum of 2 ft which brings the minimum price to $30 before shipping.

    Has anyone tried going to walmart or autozone and buying some inexpensive polarized window tint? I have no clue if it will work but it is usually sticky on one side and pretty inexpensive.

    Just wondering if anyone has tried this.
    I checked with my local tint guy and picked up a few scraps from him and could not get them to work. Carefull which polarized film you buy because most are so dark you can barely make out the time, I just wasted money with someone over in the sales forum, got it today and way to dark, can't even see the time, I stripped it back off and put the watch back to normal display.
    Last edited by BREAKWATER; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:52.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

  8. #7
    Member Francis Drebin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    55

    Re: Mod to Negative Display

    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    I checked with my local tint guy and picked up a few scraps from him and could not get them to work. Carefull which one you buy because most are so dark you can barely make out the time, I just wasted money with someone over in the sales forum, got it today and way to dark, can't even see the time, I stripped it back off and put the watch back to normal display.
    That is what I needed to know. Thank you.

    I was just trying to find an option that was a little cheaper but most important, it was local and I did not have to wait for it to be shipped here.
    Waiting to buy the new 9110
    G 9100-1
    GW 9200-1
    GW 9000A-1
    G 9000MS-1
    DW 5600MS-1
    Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch
    Luminox 1582 Sea Series Diver
    Swiss Army 1884 Officer's Watch

  9. #8
    Member MarcsOnFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    260

    Re: Mod to Negative Display

    Cheap and effective. I reversed my Mudman display using this.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150464955722

    Marc
    Breitling: Ti Chrono Avenger. Blue Dial. Ti Bracelet and Brown Leather Croc Strap w/Deployant
    Casio: GA-100A-1A1ER | GA-100A-7ADR Franken-Watch "StormTrooper" | GW-M5600-1ER | TS-100 | DW-5600C-9CV | DW-5600C-1V | GW-6900BC-1ER | DW-5200C-9 | GXW-56-4JF| G-001-2DR | GF-1000BP-1DR
    Diesel: DZ9039 Skeleton Automatic
    Sicura:
    1970's Mechanical Digital

    Storm:
    V2 Vice Stainless Limited Edition


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •