Modding a 6900. pics and tutorial.....

Thread: Modding a 6900. pics and tutorial.....

Modding a 6900. pics and tutorial.....

Hello everyone. I am always browsing the web for bargains. I bought me a black original DW6900 strap for 9 bucks. They always come in handy and for that price I had to have it. A few weeks later I bought a spare DW6900 Bezel also for 9 dollars. I thought I could use the strap on a 5600 but that didn't work. The parts were lying in a tin when I had an idea. I took my full orange DW6900 out of the box and started to mod it.

First I took the black bezel that had red letters and made them orange with nailpolish. The excess paint is wiped of with an aceton free(don't know if that is an actual english word) nail remover.

You cant realy see the change in color yet because I used a flash but wait until the end.
    Now I had to unscrew the bezel. This is very easy with the right philips screwdriver. The screws are however inserted under an angle so don't try to remove them under an angle of 90 degrees. Its about 75 degrees I think. Make sure u have something to put them in cause you don't want to lose them!

The watch looked like this.

I then changed the bezel and put on the black strap and it was finished!

The end result was nice but after a while I took the black strap of and used the orange one. This combo is realy nice and it looks a bit like the orange and black mudman. On Queensday and at international soccermatches I will put on the orange bezel because orange is our national color. The rest of the year it will look like this...

I had a lot of fun doing this. Don't ask me to service a Swiss watch but screwing around with plastic parts is something even I can do.
    Hope you like it!

Re: Modding a 6900. pics and tutorial.....

Job well done. sell me for 18 bucks! Lol!

nice mod. did you think about painting the functions in orange also? i think it might blend better with the orange light button. nevertheless i think this is a nice mod congrats.

peace,

miguel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by g-shocka View Post
    nice mod. did you think about painting the functions in orange also? i think it might blend better with the orange light button. nevertheless i think this is a nice mod congrats.

peace,

miguel
    I was thinking about that but because of the white lettering on the dial I decided to leave them white.

Last edited by hermie87; December 30th, 2010 at 16:18.

Nice! We need a Mudman twin now.

Quote Originally Posted by dreski View Post
    Nice! We need a Mudman twin now.
    finally found my camera to post mine. pictures are less than stellar but it's the best I can come up with.

Great mod! That is one very cool thing about the 6900. There are so many different variations of it, it can be easily moddedto make your own personal G. I can't wait to find the right pieces to mod my old Glide.

Thread Information