Which model G-Shock is this?

Thread: Which model G-Shock is this?

Which model G-Shock is this?

Anybody know what model this G-Shock is? I saw it in an article but they didn't specify the details other than it was a G-Shock!

Thanks!
    Richard

Re: Which model G-Shock is this?

GW-2500; solar, atomic, 5 motor, ana-digi display. Announced at Baselworld 2009.

Not released yet - linked to Red Bull Air Race sponsorship by Casio but the promo stuff for that is still touting the GW-2000 which is similar but lacks tough movement and is analogue only.

The module in the GW-2500 is very similar to a line of Oceanus Casio watches which I just can't recall at the moment.

Thanks for the quick reply! That will explain why I couldn't find it in any of the online shops; guess i'll just have to wait!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it looks great and it has a LED for night time viewing, but i would have to go with GW2000 instead because of the lack of 24hr CDT on the GW2500, and the fact that people reported GW2000 has more decent lume brightness than the previous Casio(s) (given the lack of LED on the GW2000)

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    it has a LED for night time viewing...
    Anyone have a pic of that?

No prob my pleasure :D

I'm on the fence on it...first time I saw it I thought it looked really good (from a purely form factor point of view). It seems though that it will be in the same casing (in respect of size) as the GW-2000 and one of the things about that watch is that its got quite a small size, so I'm going to wonder how legible the reverse display digi information will be.

It is definitely less cluttered than the GW-2000 and you're going to have less reliance on the mini dials for chrono functions but that's no good if you don't have good viewability of the digi stuff.

I will flip my GW-2000BD for it if a) it were a bit sleeker (less tall on the wrist) which seems like it won't be and/or b) the neg display is more legible than the promo shots suggest (which seems unlikely as they're gonna show it in its very best light and/or c) it has auto-el which I don't believe it does.

One final niggle on the GW-2000 form factor - personal thing - can't get good fit on the bracelet. Its only got three fine-adjust pin setttings on the clasp. On the tightest its too loose over all on my wrist but setting it to the loosest and taking out another link is way too tight (another reason why the best value for that watch might be the stainless steel module on resin strap).

So I will probably sit tight on the GW-2000 anyway - I like it pretty well notwithstanding. Its a great tough analogue watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    One final niggle on the GW-2000 form factor - personal thing - can't get good fit on the bracelet. Its only got three fine-adjust pin setttings on the clasp. On the tightest its too loose over all on my wrist but setting it to the loosest and taking out another link is way too tight (another reason why the best value for that watch might be the stainless steel module on resin strap).
    I think so too - the strap on the GW-2000 is one of the most comfortable - in the same league or even better than the Mudman. Besides I like the steel/resin combinations - it just looks good I think:

Lume is pretty good too and lasts the whole night - but I guess the lume on the GW-2500 wil be the same as on the GW-2000. The biggest drawback on the GW-2500 is the LED-illumination and the 60min CDT - why can't Casio get it done and release an ana-digi with a 24hr CDT? I would buy it because you get the best of woth worlds - the easy adjustment of a digi (having to wait for the hands to move takes some tíme) and the intuitive legibility of an analogue. But a 60min CDT is a deal-braker for me - at least when it's an expensive watch.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

You're taunting me with that watch Sedi :D

Although my GW-2000BD has grown on me...I just don't think it was worth the extra money. Still a heck of a watch though - but you get all that with your model.

Thread Information