Model w hands I can see in the dark?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Model w hands I can see in the dark?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Model w hands I can see in the dark?

My current model has hands that will glow for a while, but if I am driving or at the movies, I can see them say after an hour. Am if I am driving I don't want to take my hand of the wheel to hit the light.also the light basically just lights up the digital display, not the whole face.

Are there any gs that can do what I want?

sent using tapatalk

Re: Model w hands I can see in the dark?

I'm far from an expert on ana-digi G's, but from everything I've read here in the past couple of years, the only G's with hands that will glow for a long time are the custom ones that brave people with steady hands have taken apart and re-lumed themselves.

A lot of other people complain about the lack of LCD legibility on various models as well, probably because of the LED-type lights used in ana-digis. The "best" I've seen are quotes like "the G_-xxxx isn't AS hard to read in the dark as my G_-xxxx but it could be a lot better. I wish they'd use an electroluminescence panel on the LCD, like they do on all-digital models."

It sounds like we want the same things in an ana-digi, and that's why I still don't own one.

the awgm100 models have full auto led, as mentioned the light only does the hands but it does it well and being amber, its not hard on the night eyes. the awgm100b is sweet imo, because its all blacked out with white hands and they jump out at you , day or night.
    Last edited by jer_; October 11th, 2013 at 18:56.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Most analog CASIO watches have mediocre lume longevity. I've read a number of posts about other watches where people have had the hands re-lumed. You could sacrifice having your watch for a couple of weeks and have it done. It's by no means cheap to do, but if you get a really great long lasting lume then it's ultimately worth it.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Then I guess the next question to ask is, what watch are others using with ana-dig that is as rugged as the g, light wt, reasonable cost that has hands that have long luminous time?

Citizen, timex,?

I like my girlfriend, I just need to solve this problem.

Maybe need to post this general and not in the g section.

Sent using Tapatalk.

What model is your G-Shock? Usually current analog-digital G-Shock's have the auto el feature which will light up when you tilt the watch toward you. May be you should check out GA-1000. The lume is good. The light is even cooler. But the best clock to see when you are driving should be the one on the car dashboard or radio, IMO.
    Last edited by GShockMe; October 12th, 2013 at 08:09.
    Milos likes this.

A model with hands you can see in the dark.

GShockMe and Chrisek like this.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

There have been MR-G models with illuminated dials, I don´t know if they have the Auto-EL, though.
    That being said, I want to add If you want nice, lasting lume you are either looking for a re-lume or for something else than Casio. Seiko is known for great lume, for example.
    If you want good lume always, you might want to look into Tritium equipped watches - There is no need to 2charge" the lume with light, the light is produced in the little glass vials.

concerning a relume, look here for example:

http://www.google.de/imgres?client=f...r:10,s:0,i:112

On page 5 Angelo shows a relumed and Sapphire equipped AQS-810.
    On his Youtube channel and homepage you can find some blindingly bright relumes.

Thanks. Don't want to relume, could you recommend any sieko or tritium that are relatively rugged? They don't have to meet crazy specs, just want light weight, waterproof etc

Sent using Tapatalk.

SchwandaTheBagpiper

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    Thanks. Don't want to relume, could you recommend any sieko or tritium that are relatively rugged? They don't have to meet crazy specs, just want light weight, waterproof etc

Sent using Tapatalk.
    Take a look at Reactor "Never Dark" for tough and good lume.
    http://reactorwatch.com/index.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yE4kGXkwFM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information