Models with tide graphs....does GLX150 have the largest?

Thread: Models with tide graphs....does GLX150 have the largest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Models with tide graphs....does GLX150 have the largest?

Does anyone know if the GLX150 has the largest tide graph? I live right near the ocean and would love to have tide information readily available. Since that is my main criteria for my first G Shock I want to make sure that the tide graph is as prominent as can be.

Re: Models with tide graphs....does GLX150 have the largest?

I guess this was a tough question. As far as I can tell the GLX150 does have the largest tide graph so I have one on order. Looking forward to my first G!

Hope you enjoy it! I was not able to answer if it was actually the largest or not. Which one did you go with?
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The GL-150 has an even bigger tide chart than the GLX150, but it hasn't been made in quite some time. It also has very big digits, time in stopwatch mode, etc. Very difficult to find new. However, unlike the modern GLX150, the tide display wasn't always on. Still, the old one is my favorite G-shock. I think the GLX150 is a very nice watch, though if I wanted a watch solely for tides, I might go with a RipCurl tide watch or something. They normally have more accurate tide charts in them for famous beaches, but only for 20 years or so.

I went with the black one. I was tempted to get the white one but wanted something a little more subtle. Maybe my next one will be white. I just noticed your collection Chrisek. Did you leave any for me? :)

Interesting. I'll have to check out the GL150. Thanks for the info DigitalSurf. I've looked at a few RipCurls but wasn't impressed. These G shocks are really starting to grow on me.

Casio tide graphs aren't really useful. When I need to know the exact tide level and future high and low tides and times, rip curl is still the best option in watches. And this is coming from someone who has dozens of g-shocks. I am normally biased toward casio but not for tide info....

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Casio tide graphs aren't really useful. When I need to know the exact tide level and future high and low tides and times, rip curl is still the best option in watches. And this is coming from someone who has dozens of g-shocks. I am normally biased toward casio but not for tide info....
    Well the G Shock arrived today so I'll give it a spin. I looked online to find the lunar interval for Virginia Beach but didn't really find much info. After playing around with the settings and looking up high/low tides on NOAA I found that (so far) a 10 hour interval gives me fairly accurate tide info from the G. We'll see how it goes.Name:  CAM00096.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  713.3 KB

If you don't need to know the exact tides and times and you live in a part of the world that has regular tides (east coast of usa does, west coast does not) casio is passable.

I need to know exactly when and what level (e.g. -0.6 ft at 1:53pm) and only rip curl watches can do this (if someone else knows another watch with preprogrammed tide data, let us know about it)

It's not a G, but, I really love the tidal/moon readout on my Protrek 2500. The dual LCD gives it some depth, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information