A modest request re WRUW pix

Thread: A modest request re WRUW pix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A modest request re WRUW pix

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm new to the whole G-shock world. Part of my confusion comes from the bewildering range of names/ model numbers available. While those of you who are immersed in these watches know immediately the model number and nickname of each of your watches, I'm having a hard time following and knowing exactly what I'm looking at in pictures.

I've always enjoyed the daily "WRUW" posts, mainly because I get to see the whole range of different watches everyone's sporting. However, I have a hard time always knowing which watch I'm looking at when I see a really cool or interesting one, so I have a hard time tracking down additional information through this forum.

As a small favor, if you're going to post a WRUW picture, could you also include the model number and nickname for that watch? I'm still trying to understand the whole G-shock thang, and I know it'll be a lot easier if I know what I'm looking at .

Re: A modest request re WRUW pix

Sounds fine by me, can do

It only took me about 3 weeks to learn the language anyway. I'm sure you'll pick it up and be the proud recipient of some little boxes soon enough

Just made a post in the current thread with this in mind. Now if I can only remember to do it that way
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Also have a look through the links in the "Resources file" sticky at the top of this forum.

But before you do, think whether you really want to be interested in G-Shocks. Because once you go in, there really is no turning back.

Quote Originally Posted by johnchoe View Post
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm new to the whole G-shock world. Part of my confusion comes from the bewildering range of names/ model numbers available. While those of you who are immersed in these watches know immediately the model number and nickname of each of your watches, I'm having a hard time following and knowing exactly what I'm looking at in pictures.

I've always enjoyed the daily "WRUW" posts, mainly because I get to see the whole range of different watches everyone's sporting. However, I have a hard time always knowing which watch I'm looking at when I see a really cool or interesting one, so I have a hard time tracking down additional information through this forum.

As a small favor, if you're going to post a WRUW picture, could you also include the model number and nickname for that watch? I'm still trying to understand the whole G-shock thang, and I know it'll be a lot easier if I know what I'm looking at .
    Greetings and Welcome to the Forum!

You have a great point!

I will start labeling my photos as you have requested. In fact I have also wondered what model I was looking at in many cases, as I too am relatively new to G's.

Thanks for the suggestion.....

Cheers...

I often do this -- but I'll try to make it an absolute habit. Good point.

This may help

I am fairly new to the world of "G" and this site was very helpful for identifying different models.

http://watchshock.com/archive/Casio/G-Shock/

Dave
    Dave

I thought about making this exact post but I forgot just like I forget to put the model number on my pics lol. I think I'm getting old

anyway will do and good post op

Thanks a ton all! I know this will help me learn the world of G-shocks!

... Yes, I know I've been warned about the dangers of catching the crazy fever !

Forgive me - just saw this thread AFTER posting in the WRUW thread. I have updated my post ... enjoy the fever!! You'll catch it soon enough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information