Modified GW2310-1

Thread: Modified GW2310-1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modified GW2310-1

Here is my modified GW2310-1 that I had asked a few questions about some months ago. Thanks to all who assisted. A few notes as to what I did.

1. I swapped the chrome bezel out for a black one that comes with the GW2310BD-1V. When I took the cover off, a small piece came off that sits next to the illumination button. This piece of metal has sort of an "s" shape to it that keeps a spring depressed in a really small hole next to the illumination button. I don't know what the function of the spring is, but I put a tiny dab of super glue to keep that piece of metal in place when re assembling the watch because it would have been impossible to do. So if you take this model apart, be careful of that. The watch is working fine so I assume I didn't screw anything up. If anyone knows what the function of that is, I'd like to know.
    2. The strap is a Maratac Zulu 24mm w/subdued hardware, from Westcoastime. (thanks Howard Marx). I cut the piece off that the long part gets looped through to hold the watch onto the strap with and ordered the strap adapters from Casio when I ordered the black bezel. I took the cut strap to a shoe repair and told the guy what I wanted and he did a great job.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Modified GW2310-1

Last edited by sspartan; August 23rd, 2010 at 17:45.

Looks great How hard was it to replace the metal bezel, I assume it is held on my some double sided tape

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks great How hard was it to replace the metal bezel, I assume it is held on my some double sided tape

After I got the cover off, it was not hard. I used the Husky HD-74501 Y screwdriver with the smallest standard screwdriver and pried it off carefully. It is held on with what seemed to be a sort of glue on a very thin gasket that I was able to save and put back. I didn't re-glue it though, it seemed to be still tacky enough, even though I lost some of the glue. I would order one of those gaskets if you're going to order the bezel though, just in case. Also the bezel sits in some groves around the face so you don't have to worry about putting it on crooked.

Oh this is exactly what I want to do. Thanks! That looks great!

Edit: would the 5 ring Zulu work on this and what's the website you went to get the bezel? Thanks again.
    Last edited by a.amadeus; August 25th, 2010 at 07:13.

Quote Originally Posted by a.amadeus View Post
    Oh this is exactly what I want to do. Thanks! That looks great!

Edit: would the 5 ring Zulu work on this and what's the website you went to get the bezel? Thanks again.
    Yes the 5 ring Zulu will work. That is what I originally bought and cut off the 2 ring part. The 24mm strap, which is what you will need only comes like that. You remove the resin band that is on the watch, put back the spring bars and loop the Zulu through the spring bars and then through the 2 ring part on the Zulu strap.
    The website is Westcoastime.com, spelled as I worte it.

As far as the bezel goes, call Casio parts, 1-800-223-2001, and ask for the bezel to a GW2310BD-1V, it's about $14.00 and make sure they know you want the bezel that goes under the protective cover. You can order the strap adapters at the same time for a G2300B-1V, they will fit on the GW2310-1 and will accomodate the 24mm Zulu, and don't forget that thin gasket that goes under the bezel.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the info. Ill be conquering this after my gw2310 comes in. Though I did buy the adapters from westcoastime, hopefully they fit.

Quote Originally Posted by a.amadeus View Post
    Thanks for the info. Ill be conquering this after my gw2310 comes in. Though I did buy the adapters from westcoastime, hopefully they fit.
    Look for my thread posted on May 19, with a response from member J.D.B. on May 21 stating he used the adapters from Westcoastime and that they did not work very well. As much as I like Westcoast, save yourself some time and disappointment and get the Casio adapters.

J.D.B. stated he had to do some "xactoing" to get the springbars to seat properly.

Quite correct. I have since replaced the adaptors on both my 2300 and 2310 with the Casio model-specific adaptors # 10038271 (x2) (black). They have the better tapered shape which looks like it belongs on the 23xx bezel. Definitely worth the wait(three months).(Yeah, I know, but that's Casio.........)

Josh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information