Module 1545 Battery Change Question

Thread: Module 1545 Battery Change Question

Module 1545 Battery Change Question

About a week ago, I got a used Dw-5600E in the mail. I have changed probably a dozen G-Shock batteries in my life and never had a problem, so I guess I was finally due for one. The issue with this watch is that the EL stays on. The LCD display is working, the watch is keeping time, but the backlight won't shut off. I have shorted it multiple times, removed the module from the case and made sure the tab that activates the light hadn't been bent inwards, and all to no avail. Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Module 1545 Battery Change Question

Cool, an everlasting backlight - my dream

Seriously, I can't think of any possible failure. All I can suggest is to take out the battery and leave the watch for a couple hours alone. Then put the battery back in and see what happens. If the problem still occurs, try to contact the seller for a refund or simply buy another (after all the DW-5600 is among the cheapest of all G's). Good luck

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Maybe the contact tab is bent and thus giving permanent contact? Happens sometimes when the pushers stick out on the inside when putting the module back in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good advice above.

I would check the button to make sure it wasn't stuck somehow. And then take the battery out for a long time (a few days even). That seems to solve odd problems like this sometimes. Never heard of this particular problem before.

Thank you all for the advice. I only gave 14 bucks for the watch, so I won't bother asking for a refund. It came with strap adapters and a zulu, which still makes it a good deal.

Have you tried installing the battery in the module while still outside the case to see if the light is on when not installed? Also you can check the pusher to make sure there's no contact. That would give you a better shot at determining whether or not its getting pressed during re-install. One more thing, I would put some dielectric grease (silicone grease) on the module pusher's, inside the case and in between the module pushers, just to exclude any other interferences, it is also the same thing that is used for greasing a caseback seal, you can pick up a small bottle of it at any autoparts store. Let us know what you find and good luck with it.
    Last edited by BREAKWATER; December 8th, 2011 at 03:10.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Thread Information