Module 3279 Power Level Indicator Question

Thread: Module 3279 Power Level Indicator Question

Module 3279 Power Level Indicator Question

I just bought another new watch, a GWX8900B-7 that uses module 3279. I've RTM and am still a little confused about how to read the indicator. Does it indicate other functions besides just the power level? The pie/graph is marked in 5 segments:
    mid/high/ps/chg/low. On my watch at the prresent time, all the segments are blacked out except for the bottom slice which is mid. Does that mean that I'm at mid power level? The watch appears to be functionally normal, but I just need to know how to read and interpret this graph.

Re: Module 3279 Power Level Indicator Question

Yes, this means that power level is at medium. It's not a big deal, just wear it normally and it should go up to high in a couple of days. Just be careful to not cover the watch by your clothing.
    Please excuse my imperfect English :)

MY SMALL COLLECTION @WATCHSHOCK: CLICK

Ok thanks.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Update: After leaving the watch for 6 hours in the window sill today it is still on medium plus wearing it outside all day yesterday. The other 2 solars I've owned were either on high when I took them out of the box or went there about an hour later after exposure to sunlight. It's not that being on medium constantly is a bad thing, I just don't want it to go to low after the return period expires as this was bought from a local retailer. Guess I'll give it a couple more days to see what happens. This is a new model and there might possibly be some issues. If anyone else has the GWX8900B-7, I'd be interested to heat of your experience with charging.

The model might be new but the module isn't - it was already used in the GWX-5600 so I don't think there'll be any issues. Just give it some more light and it'll reach "H". I have some watches that seem to be stuck on "M" as I'm simply not wearing them enough but none ever dropped to "L" except for my PRW-1200 because I forgot to turn off the auto-EL and wore it while sleeping - next morning the "CHG" was blinking - but after maybe a week it was back on "H".

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

What is confusing is that the manual shows the power graph without any explanation. In the manual, a black field next to high indicates high level, but mine shows both high and low blacked out at the same time. Plus mine shows the charge indicator in black and the manual says it should be light. So I don't know if it's charging or what level it is on. It can't be both high and low at the same time. Look at the pictures of the power graph and you will see what I mean.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

It's blacked out because the display is negative so everything is reversed and the "white" field is the one "activated" - in your case "M".

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Ok. After viewing a you tube video on the watch I now agree. My only remaining issue is to get it to the high setting. I'll try leaving it outdoors in direct sunlight tomorrow. According to the manual, 6 hours in direct sunlight should bring it to level 1 (high). The reason I'm concerned is this was a display model and the few people that own this watch have told me theirs was on high when they unboxed it, even after sitting in a tin and box for who knows how long. This will be the 3rd consecutive day of trying to get it to high setting. If it fails tomorrow, back it goes.

I bought a Riseman a few weeks ago that was on M. I simply put it in my car in the morning while it was still cool out and two hours later, it was on H. Two days later, it dropped to M again so I again put it in the car a few hours. Now it's been a week and it's still on H. I've been using all the functions and lighting up the display 20-30 times a day. It's also exposed to late afternoon light a few hours a day now since I work nights and I don't get out too much in the day.

When I did put it in the car, it was in the sunlight and when I got it out two hours later, the sun wasn't shining on it anymore but that didn't seem to matter.

Success finally. After putting the watch on he back shelf of my car in direct bright sunlight, it's now on high. Assuming I have no further issues, I'm good to go. I wanted to keep it as everyone at the mall yesterday wanted to see my watch.
    Assuming I'm allowed to post a link, there's a good youtube video of it here: Casio GWX8900B-7 G-Shock Watch NEW Atomic Timekeeping - YouTube
    Thanks to everyone who helped.

Thread Information