Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By cuthbert
  • 2 Post By kevio
  • 1 Post By TheTy

Thread: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

Inactive

Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

I have a couple of DW5600s, and am looking at obtaining a DW5035D. The 5600s have the 3229 module while the 5035 has the 3421. What is the difference in the modules?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

My understanding is that they are same module but the 3421 has been "adapted" (how?) to the metal case.
    TheTy likes this.

Inactive

Hmmm... well I will be in a position to order the 5035 within the next couple of weeks. Perhaps I need to investigate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheTy View Post
    Hmmm... well I will be in a position to order the 5035 within the next couple of weeks. Perhaps I need to investigate.

I already have two 5030 (the famous G set with the puppet) and I am waiting for the 5735 this week...I never opened them but I assume the piezo to make the alarm sound might be different with a metal case.

They share the same manual so at least functionality should be identical.

As Cuthbert mentioned, the module has been adjusted to fit a plastic internal frame versus the typical metal/rubber frame that the 3229 uses. Functionally they're the same. The 3229 with metal/rubber frame will fit in the metal screwback case. I recall tommy.arashikage having problems with aligning a 3229 module to a metal case but when he switched the module to the plastic frame, the alignment was spot on. I'm not sure I understand why the plastic frame would allow easier alignment but it could be a reason why Casio had to build two different frames.
    TheTy and acadian like this.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    As Cuthbert mentioned, the module has been adjusted to fit a plastic internal frame versus the typical metal/rubber frame that the 3229 uses. Functionally they're the same. The 3229 with metal/rubber frame will fit in the metal screwback case. I recall tommy.arashikage having problems with aligning a 3229 module to a metal case but when he switched the module to the plastic frame, the alignment was spot on. I'm not sure I understand why the plastic frame would allow easier alignment but it could be a reason why Casio had to build two different frames.
    That makes sense. Thanks. I knew that since they have the same manual the only differences would have to be cosmetic.

kevio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    I've never had any problems with alignment but it order to get the 3229 to fit in a metal case, it takes a bit of elbow grease and perseverance. The fit is pretty tight so I can see it being hard to adjust alignment once it's seated all the way in.

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    I've never had any problems with alignment but it order to get the 3229 to fit in a metal case, it takes a bit of elbow grease and perseverance. The fit is pretty tight so I can see it being hard to adjust alignment once it's seated all the way in.
    Besides the elbow grease any other visible differences between the two modules? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Besides the elbow grease any other visible differences between the two modules? Just curious.
    If I remember correctly besides the plastic frame, battery placement and piezo spring placement is different as well. I don't recall if the PCB has the same design or not but if the piezo spring is in a different place, I'd imagine the PCB design to be different too.

Thread Information