Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By cuthbert
  • 2 Post By kevio
  • 1 Post By TheTy

Thread: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    366

    Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    I have a couple of DW5600s, and am looking at obtaining a DW5035D. The 5600s have the 3229 module while the 5035 has the 3421. What is the difference in the modules?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    My understanding is that they are same module but the 3421 has been "adapted" (how?) to the metal case.
    TheTy likes this.
    .

  3. #3
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    366

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    Hmmm... well I will be in a position to order the 5035 within the next couple of weeks. Perhaps I need to investigate.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTy View Post
    Hmmm... well I will be in a position to order the 5035 within the next couple of weeks. Perhaps I need to investigate.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I already have two 5030 (the famous G set with the puppet) and I am waiting for the 5735 this week...I never opened them but I assume the piezo to make the alarm sound might be different with a metal case.
    .

  6. #5
    Member Eric.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,332

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    They share the same manual so at least functionality should be identical.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    As Cuthbert mentioned, the module has been adjusted to fit a plastic internal frame versus the typical metal/rubber frame that the 3229 uses. Functionally they're the same. The 3229 with metal/rubber frame will fit in the metal screwback case. I recall tommy.arashikage having problems with aligning a 3229 module to a metal case but when he switched the module to the plastic frame, the alignment was spot on. I'm not sure I understand why the plastic frame would allow easier alignment but it could be a reason why Casio had to build two different frames.
    TheTy and acadian like this.

  8. #7
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    366

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    As Cuthbert mentioned, the module has been adjusted to fit a plastic internal frame versus the typical metal/rubber frame that the 3229 uses. Functionally they're the same. The 3229 with metal/rubber frame will fit in the metal screwback case. I recall tommy.arashikage having problems with aligning a 3229 module to a metal case but when he switched the module to the plastic frame, the alignment was spot on. I'm not sure I understand why the plastic frame would allow easier alignment but it could be a reason why Casio had to build two different frames.
    That makes sense. Thanks. I knew that since they have the same manual the only differences would have to be cosmetic.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    kevio likes this.

  9. #8
    Member acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,520

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    As Cuthbert mentioned, the module has been adjusted to fit a plastic internal frame versus the typical metal/rubber frame that the 3229 uses. Functionally they're the same. The 3229 with metal/rubber frame will fit in the metal screwback case. I recall tommy.arashikage having problems with aligning a 3229 module to a metal case but when he switched the module to the plastic frame, the alignment was spot on. I'm not sure I understand why the plastic frame would allow easier alignment but it could be a reason why Casio had to build two different frames.
    I've never had any problems with alignment but it order to get the 3229 to fit in a metal case, it takes a bit of elbow grease and perseverance. The fit is pretty tight so I can see it being hard to adjust alignment once it's seated all the way in.

  10. #9
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    I've never had any problems with alignment but it order to get the 3229 to fit in a metal case, it takes a bit of elbow grease and perseverance. The fit is pretty tight so I can see it being hard to adjust alignment once it's seated all the way in.
    Besides the elbow grease any other visible differences between the two modules? Just curious.
    .

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Module 3421 vs 3229 What is the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Besides the elbow grease any other visible differences between the two modules? Just curious.
    If I remember correctly besides the plastic frame, battery placement and piezo spring placement is different as well. I don't recall if the PCB has the same design or not but if the piezo spring is in a different place, I'd imagine the PCB design to be different too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. What is the difference between casio 3071 and 3071b module?
      By petros047 in forum Digital & ABC watches
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: January 4th, 2013, 07:20
    2. Replies: 2
      Last Post: July 19th, 2012, 01:18
    3. Replies: 3
      Last Post: April 2nd, 2009, 01:38
    4. Replies: 19
      Last Post: March 10th, 2006, 18:41
    5. Replies: 5
      Last Post: February 17th, 2006, 14:17

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •