Module Swap 5600 to F-91 or Similar
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By G-fob

Thread: Module Swap 5600 to F-91 or Similar

Module Swap 5600 to F-91 or Similar

Hi guys, first post here and complete rookie on the watch front so don't know if what I am asking is completely ridiculous.

I wanted to know if it was possible to swap the module from a GLX5600 into a square casio of a similar style to the F91, W86 or A168. I know that each of these watches only has three buttons so are probably non starters. Is there anything else similar out there which it could be fitted into?

The reason I would like to try this is that I really like the small, thin and light retro casio's but would also like to have the tide function if possible. I am completely expecting this to be given a big thumbs down...but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Module Swap 5600 to F-91 or Similar

Welcome to the forum, Lee!

There are some 4-button Casios out like the B-640.
    If the module diameter is comparable: no clue.
    Jut keep in mind that the dial pattern is printed on the back of the crystal and hard to remove.

Another candidate might be the AE-1200 (and other models using the same housing) since there the dial is sourrounded by an additional frame which probably can be removed.
    The crystal is not printed in that version.

On both housings i dont know if you can drop in a GLX module.
    Please report here is you try!

Quote Originally Posted by lee_uk View Post
    Hi guys, first post here and complete rookie on the watch front so don't know if what I am asking is completely ridiculous.

I wanted to know if it was possible to swap the module from a GLX5600 into a square casio of a similar style to the F91, W86 or A168. I know that each of these watches only has three buttons so are probably non starters. Is there anything else similar out there which it could be fitted into?

The reason I would like to try this is that I really like the small, thin and light retro casio's but would also like to have the tide function if possible. I am completely expecting this to be given a big thumbs down...but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply d2mac...I will take a look at the models you suggest and see if there is anything similar. If I attempt anything I will post back here.

Thanks again

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Module Swap 5600 to F-91 or Similar

just take off the bezel of the 5600 and wear it with 1 piece 16mm zulu, it'd be as nerdily awesome

Thanks for the reply g-fob, I have seen some images of that and it did look good. I will let you know how I get on.

Thread Information