Module Swap: GW-5000 and GWM-5610

Thread: Module Swap: GW-5000 and GWM-5610

Module Swap: GW-5000 and GWM-5610

Should I attempt it? I ask because I find the module in my 5610 to be FAR more bright/legible/contrasty than the one in my 5000. I would like to have the brighter module in my 5000.

I know that both watches use the same module, so the swap should be pretty straightforward. BUT I'm wondering if my efforts will be in vain. Is there something about the crystal in the 5000 that is causing my issues with legibility between the two supposedly identical modules?

Many thanks!

broonzbane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Module Swap: GW-5000 and GWM-5610

Quote Originally Posted by broonzbane View Post
    Should I attempt it? I ask because I find the module in my 5610 to be FAR more bright/legible/contrasty than the one in my 5000. I would like to have the brighter module in my 5000.

I know that both watches use the same module, so the swap should be pretty straightforward. BUT I'm wondering if my efforts will be in vain. Is there something about the crystal in the 5000 that is causing my issues with legibility between the two supposedly identical modules?

Many thanks!

broonzbane

There shouldn't be any problems with the crystal as long as it's the module is alignment correct.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ruizjaime26 View Post
    There shouldn't be any problems with the crystal as long as it's the module is alignment correct.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I wasn't as clear with my question as I could have been. What I'm wondering is whether there is something about the crystal in the 5000 that is making the module appear darker than the identical module does in the 5610. Any ideas?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What is the specific model of your gwm5610? Its maybe because each model was made at different assembly plants even if they share the same module the build or the materials used might have been a slight difference. Or maybe the casio standards was made that way to make each model different.. I also observe that in my gw5000 the digits are bit faint. Well broonzbane may have a point, that would be the least of your problem. Alignment. I was even wondering if gwx5600 modules fit gw5000 case..🙈

Goodluck with the project

hawlrite!
    Hawlrite!
    PaLigis

Quote Originally Posted by BeaVis PaLigis View Post
    What is the specific model of your gwm5610? Its maybe because each model was made at different assembly plants even if they share the same module the build or the materials used might have been a slight difference. Or maybe the casio standards was made that way to make each model different.. I also observe that in my gw5000 the digits are bit faint. Well broonzbane may have a point, that would be the least of your problem. Alignment. I was even wondering if gwx5600 modules fit gw5000 case..

Goodluck with the project

hawlrite!
    The specific model of my 5610 is GW-M5610-1JF.

I assume the 3159 module in it and the 3159 module in my GW-5000 are identical and the module for one should fit in the case for the other. Am I correct in this assumption? I know they are functionally identical...

The display of my 5610 is crisp/bright/contrasty. The display of my 5000 is darker and less legible. Is this a product of the differences in the LCD's in each watch or the watch crystals themselves?

I suppose what I'm really wanting to know is whether it's possible that the crystal in the 5000 is slightly tinted, thus causing it's darker appearance.

Thanks all!

Thread Information