Moduls 3195 and 3200 - any difference?

Thread: Moduls 3195 and 3200 - any difference?

Moduls 3195 and 3200 - any difference?

Hi. I keep on digging into GW7900B-1 and GW2310BD-1V...
    They both have negative display and more or less same features. They have 3200 (in 7900) and 3195 (in 2310) modules. Is there any difference between those two which could influence my choice?
    Thank you.
    <hr /><a href=https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/watch-through-lenses-chronicles-one-obsession-638371.html target=_blank>https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/wat...on-638371.html</a>

Re: Moduls 3195 and 3200 - any difference?

There seems to be quite a few differences between these two. I think examining the manuals for each would be the best way to see how they each work.

Module 3195

Module 3200

Whow, Riley, thanks. That is lot of reading... But as I understand the difference is in operations and features.
    They both have the features most important for me:

solar
    radiotime
    3 alarms
    snooze
    200 m waterproof

I don't care about Tide control feature or how many time zones they have.
    So may I say that these two modules equal in quality though differ in features?
    <hr /><a href=https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/watch-through-lenses-chronicles-one-obsession-638371.html target=_blank>https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/wat...on-638371.html</a>

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by igorycha View Post
    They both have the features most important for me:

solar
    radiotime
    3 alarms
    snooze
    200 m waterproof
    well, if its just about those 5 points, you will find tons of g-shock's which do excatly that. no need to restrict your search to only this two models.

So may I say that these two modules equal in quality though differ in features?
    i don't think it is that easy. the GW-7900 is a good portion bigger than the GW-2310. in fact out of the current line, the GW-7900 is one of the biggest g-shock's with a huge wrist presence.

the display layout of both watches is very different, given the fact that the GW-7900 features a moon and a tidegraph, while the GW-2310 is not.

the GW-2310 has yellow/amber digits with golden accents while the GW-7900 has silver/grey digits and a much more stealthy design.

my experience with yellow/amber digits in a negative display are awful. i had a GW-810BD once and the legibility was so extremely poor, that i was forced to use el-backlight all the time to read it. the only time it was good enough to be useful was outside when direct sunlight hit the display. i traded it for a GW-810BXD (same watch but with bi-color bracelet and with silver/grey digits) and the difference was literally day and night for me.

the resin band of the GW-7900 wears extremly comfortable (i have the G-7900 since solar/atomic is the last thing i care about), while i can't say the same about my G-2300, which is very stiff and skin irritating. the velcro strap is much better but still no match for the GW-7900 band. they might changed that for the GW-2310 but i don't know that.

so based on my experience i would choose the GW-7900 over the GW-2310 any time without even considering twice. hope it helps a bit...

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Inactive

Since it dont sound like you care much about funtions ets., I think cal..45 is right on - it's a lot about apperance, touch and feel. The best way to find out, is to go to a store and try them out.

Of course it helps!!! Thank you. I owed several Casios and one G-Shock and all of them were durable and workinghorse watches for sport activity, journeys, etc. So I am pretty sure that all G-Shocks are more or less equal in good quality, so you chose design and features... I like the design of these two, but was wondering why is 7900 quite popular while 2310 not so much. You explained me that puzzle. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    well, if its just about those 5 points, you will find tons of g-shock's which do excatly that. no need to restrict your search to only this two models.

i don't think it is that easy. the GW-7900 is a good portion bigger than the GW-2310. in fact out of the current line, the GW-7900 is one of the biggest g-shock's with a huge wrist presence.

the display layout of both watches is very different, given the fact that the GW-7900 features a moon and a tidegraph, while the GW-2310 is not.

the GW-2310 has yellow/amber digits with golden accents while the GW-7900 has silver/grey digits and a much more stealthy design.

my experience with yellow/amber digits in a negative display are awful. i had a GW-810BD once and the legibility was so extremely poor, that i was forced to use el-backlight all the time to read it. the only time it was good enough to be useful was outside when direct sunlight hit the display. i traded it for a GW-810BXD (same watch but with bi-color bracelet and with silver/grey digits) and the difference was literally day and night for me.

the resin band of the GW-7900 wears extremly comfortable (i have the G-7900 since solar/atomic is the last thing i care about), while i can't say the same about my G-2300, which is very stiff and skin irritating. the velcro strap is much better but still no match for the GW-7900 band. they might changed that for the GW-2310 but i don't know that.

so based on my experience i would choose the GW-7900 over the GW-2310 any time without even considering twice. hope it helps a bit...

cheers
    That would be the easiest and most wise way. But in D.C. they don't have any decent G-Shock in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomAsio View Post
    Since it dont sound like you care much about funtions ets., I think cal..45 is right on - it's a lot about apperance, touch and feel. The best way to find out, is to go to a store and try them out.

Thread Information