Moonphase on the GLX6900 misleading...

Thread: Moonphase on the GLX6900 misleading...

Moonphase on the GLX6900 misleading...

I noticed that my GLX6900 has 8 segments on the moondisplay. My G-Lides only have 4 so I was thinking the GLX would display the phase more detailed. When I scroll through a full mooncyle the display shifts two segments at a time which is basicly the same as 4 single segments.

I found this a little misleading but it doesn't take the fun out of the watch. Did any of you had that same experience?

Re: Moonphase on the GLX6900 misleading...

Quote Originally Posted by dreski View Post
    I found this a little misleading but it doesn't take the fun out of the watch. Did any of you had that same experience?
    It's quite disappointing to use this huge moon display in this way. The GW-7900 and GW-9110 both have fully functional 8-segment moons, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by MRG-1000 View Post
    It's quite disappointing to use this huge moon display in this way. The GW-7900 and GW-9110 both have fully functional 8-segment moons, btw.
    My froggie has 8 segments and only moves by 1 segment at a time which is as it should be...................

Last edited by chas38; September 18th, 2010 at 02:21. Reason: spelling mistake

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by MRG-1000 View Post
    right, that should make them actually superior to the 4 segments G-7900/GLX-6900. this is theory however, in practice they are so small, that i actually find them inferior...

still a shame, that the G-7900/GLX-6900 don't use the full resolution

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    right, that should make them actually superior to the 4 segments G-7900/GLX-6900. this is theory however, in practice they are so small, that i actually find them inferior...

still a shame, that the G-7900/GLX-6900 don't use the full resolution
    The GL-7500 is some kind of compromise with a larger moon wth 6 segments...

I do find the GW-9110 moon to be sufficiently visible, though. The GL-7500 and G-9100 are much worse. The G-7900 moon is IMHO too large.

Why would Casio do that - use a potential 8 segment display as a 4 segment read out? Some strange logic there or am I missing something.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by NickintheLakes View Post
    Why would Casio do that - use a potential 8 segment display as a 4 segment read out? Some strange logic there or am I missing something.
    The module likely only calculates four segments which would look stupidly large if represented by four LCD part. If they didn't make the moon that large, a four-part display would be quite sufficient.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by NickintheLakes View Post
    as you know casio logic is very often irreproducible. using all 8 segments wouln't be a biggi, a simple software update would do (maybe even a hidden "unlock" code pushing the buttons in a certain sequence). remember it was done before, after all the module of the G-7900/GLX-6900 is nothing but an updated module from the G-9000 mudman.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Thread Information