More identifying help from the experts please!

Thread: More identifying help from the experts please!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More identifying help from the experts please!

I've been on a "strange 6900" buying kick lately, models I have never seen before keep popping up for prices I can't say no to. So once again I am need of some help figuring out what I just purchased. From what I can gather the module is brand new, but it's not in it's original resin. I have no idea what the original resin looked like. The description said dw6900 SP Eva, but I can't find anything that looks similar with that info. I also have no idea what the image in the backlight is either. It looks cool though, and the white face with orange and blue writing looks sweet. So if any of the old pros in here can share anything they know about this watch with me, it would be much appreciated.

Name:  _KGrHqF_jkE6623E3p9BOu-KhO0gw_60_3.jpeg
Views: 233
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  _KGrHqR_hgE6Z_zQ0RGBOu-KoGw_Q_60_35.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  10.8 KB

Name:  _KGrHqF_hsE6N5o_79YBOu-K1P_q_60_3.jpeg
Views: 230
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  _KGrHqV_h8E6GdRZQYCBOu-K_Kl1_60_3.jpeg
Views: 230
Size:  57.1 KB

OK so looking at the backlight image not on my phone, and with my glasses for the first time, it's pretty clear what it is. It's much cooler than the blur of colors I could see before.

Re: More identifying help from the experts please!

Wow, that is a very old Evangelion collaboration. I bet the original resin was white... Very cool

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How could it be brand new then? It's from bbtiesto who seems to sell quite a few watches to members, and with mostly positive reviews. I would think his description was correct. I hope so anyway. White was my first thought for new resin, but I'll have plenty of time to change my mind while waiting for it. It's one of the more complex back light images I've seen

I've seen quite a few of these sell from him before. I believe they are custom mods with Evangelion images in the EL. I don't think they are really collaborations, but more of a custom "tribute" made by a fan. They're really cool looking. At one point he had 4 different ones for sell at one time.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

So Tsip you think this is a mod by a fan? It looks like a real collaboration to me, as "Evangelion" is written on the dial above the eyes. If someone added the writing on the dial and the backlight images themselves, they did one hell of a job. As cheap as it was I would have bought all four if I had seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    I've seen quite a few of these sell from him before. I believe they are custom mods with Evangelion images in the EL. I don't think they are really collaborations, but more of a custom "tribute" made by a fan. They're really cool looking. At one point he had 4 different ones for sell at one time.

You know, this makes sense. First off, I've never seen a backlight image that is so visible when the backlight is not on. The letters on the dial look like they might be a sticker. When I saw the backplate with the old shock resist logo, I thought it must have been a very old collaboration, but what it looks to be is an old G-shock that was modded.

It seems strange some one would spend so much time modding the face and back light, and then just throw unmatching resin on it. Very strange. I don't care if it is a mod as it's so unique, and it will be very easy to find cool resin for it, however, I sincerely hope that "Evangelion" on the face is not a sticker. I'm most likely going to have to contact Tiesto for more info about where it came from. He's posted already (less than 24 hours after payment, go on son) so I should be posting pics of it before too long!

I agree, they are great looking. I just really don't think it's a collab. Like I said, I've seen him sell several, and they all looked really cool. The price you got that at is the lowest I ever saw one sell for. I was going to watch that same item, but I knew I wouldn't be able to "afford" it. I would have jumped on it if I knew it would sell for under $50. The other ones sold closer to $100 if not more. Whoever makes them does a fantastic job!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Thanks gentlemen, helpful info as usual. I'm still curious to know what the original face plate and module came out of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information