most underrated model

Thread: most underrated model

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

most underrated model

i know casio loves to release tons of 'special edition' or 'limited edition' g's; most of the time these are the 6900's or the 5000/5600's. what model do you feel is 'underrated'?

for me, i think it's the 5500 line. the original dw-5500 (G-Shock II) is a very hard-to-find watch (due largely to the fact that it was 'underrated' when it was released) and very expensive. casio recently put out the g-5500 (solar) and then the gw-5500 (atomic solar) and there's the surf model too, but i'd like to see MORE collaborations with the 5500. i'd also like to see a 'stronger' reissue with the G-Shock II on the bezel and a screwback case.

which models do you all think is underrated?

Suspended

Re: most underrated model

The watch itself and the display may not be for everyone, but in my limited experience I think the module in the G7800 is under-rated. It must be one of the smartest modules. The hourly chime can be programmed to ring only during certain hours. The alarms can be programmed to ring daily, or on weekdays only or weekends only. I also noticed that when you turn it on mute, the little LEDs light up at the bottom when you advance through the modes...but the red one lights up for all the modes except when you get back to the home time then the yellow one lights up. Just like the subtle difference in tone when the beeper is on. Add in all the other stuff like the contrast settings and the customizable display settings for day/month/year.

K42

Next to the 5600, I think the 5500 is a quintessential G-Shock.

I also agree that it is highly underrated. It has such a simple design with a great case.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would like it if they issued a non-solar one. I have had two solar g shock watches, and both died in about 1.5 years. They no longer keep their charge. Very disappointing. I'll take a battery that dies in 6 years any day.

sml

Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    The watch itself and the display may not be for everyone, but in my limited experience I think the module in the G7800 is under-rated. It must be one of the smartest modules. The hourly chime can be programmed to ring only during certain hours. The alarms can be programmed to ring daily, or on weekdays only or weekends only. I also noticed that when you turn it on mute, the little LEDs light up at the bottom when you advance through the modes...but the red one lights up for all the modes except when you get back to the home time then the yellow one lights up. Just like the subtle difference in tone when the beeper is on. Add in all the other stuff like the contrast settings and the customizable display settings for day/month/year.
    Same features as the 7700 right.

Yep agree ... these are the best. Who wants an hourly chime going off overnight whilst sleeping!?

Quote Originally Posted by jiro32 View Post
    i know casio loves to release tons of 'special edition' or 'limited edition' g's; most of the time these are the 6900's or the 5000/5600's. what model do you feel is 'underrated'?

for me, i think it's the 5500 line. the original dw-5500 (G-Shock II) is a very hard-to-find watch (due largely to the fact that it was 'underrated' when it was released) and very expensive. casio recently put out the g-5500 (solar) and then the gw-5500 (atomic solar) and there's the surf model too, but i'd like to see MORE collaborations with the 5500. i'd also like to see a 'stronger' reissue with the G-Shock II on the bezel and a screwback case.

which models do you all think is underrated?
    how much more you want from the 5500 series, some 3 years ago casio released it in many colours, with solar, or with atomic/solar. i think there is enough releases of it.

BUT i agree that the basic g-5500 red buttons should not be a limited edition. its a great standard watch. i was stupid to have sold mine. even the design is unususal, its timeless at the same time. square designs come and go, and they are also famous now with brands like adidas or puma.
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

DW-5300.

An excellent module, which we hear no end of praise for when it's fitted to other models. And the case, like a 5600 on steroids, something which people are always asking for.

When the model is mentioned, it seems lots of people own them but we rarely see them in WRUW threads.
    'I never done it'

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    DW-5300.

An excellent module, which we hear no end of praise for when it's fitted to other models. And the case, like a 5600 on steroids, something which people are always asking for.

When the model is mentioned, it seems lots of people own them but we rarely see them in WRUW threads.
    +1, the red line -1BV version is a classic and has massive wrist presence. Sadly, like another under rated model of the same vintage, the DW-6200, spare bezels are non-existent and this will keep down the demand from collectors.

RJM

I would have to say the G-7600. I've found it to have the most legible display, super comfortable, very nice looking and reasonable.

The 23XX series gets my vote. Cheap, very comfortable and a good tough-solar module. Good size as well. I gave mine to my daughter when I got my RiseMan and my wife "misplaced" it on her... I like my RiseMan, but still think about the 2300.
    --Steve
    --------------------
    "War and courage have done more than love of your neighbor. Not your pity but your bravery has saved the unfortunate thus far."
    --Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information