Moving on from my GW4000 and the arrival tomorrow of a G-7900A-7ER

Thread: Moving on from my GW4000 and the arrival tomorrow of a G-7900A-7ER

Moving on from my GW4000 and the arrival tomorrow of a G-7900A-7ER

Which Casio G Shock has the best visible Digi screen for daylight usage, I see posts mentioning negative display etc.

Cheers, this is getting quite addictive and I may sell my Breitling to have a family of Gs

Re: Moving on from my GW4000 and the arrival tomorrow of a G-7900A-7ER

Negative displays are fashion statements, let no-one pursuade you otherwise. I own several negative ones, and they look absolutely fabulous, but they are a ..... to read in anything other than bright sunlight. If you enjoy the 'stealth' look, you really need them though. A normal positive display can be seen at a glance, from pretty much any angle, and can also be seen in ambient light (like indoors, or a normal office environment). To be honest, whatever you go for, you'll never be happy till you get your next one!
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Negative displays are fashion statements, let no-one pursuade you otherwise.
    Yep!
    Neg display is the cat's meow in the coolness department, but they SUCK to read .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think some people are right re: negative though, some are much better than others. I live where the sun is always glaring and my 5025 Rising White negative sucks to read, but the negative Jason is really clear and sharp and you can read it even without sunglasses. Where I grew up in ever-dark Upstate NY, I think you could get away with any negative display most of the year. That said, for legibility and ease of use I think the original 5600C has never been improved upon. Big clear digits, no gimmicks or distractions.

Any particular model of the 5600 i should be looking for

Thread Information