Mr. Cartoon

Thread: Mr. Cartoon

Mr. Cartoon

Why do I like this G so much...? Maybe its because of the colour (I love blue) but this is the only collab. I've considered buying and I can definitely see myself rocking this G-Shock. However, I've noticed that its not discussed here. So I want to know if there is any other love for Mr. Cartoon...... should I buy this G..??

Re: Mr. Cartoon

To be honest, and hopefully not hurt any feelings, I have no love left for the G-shock callaboration.:oops:
    All you get is a sort of pattern on the strap and same module you get on any other DW-6900`s.
    Firstly, they are difficult to obtain, and not to mention the price.

Do not get me wrong, some of them are extremely cool ... But not for that amount of money.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Roham; July 22nd, 2010 at 16:43.

I love some of the collab's, catch is, as mentioned... same modules. So where is the price justified? The thing I dislike are the silly backlight images that are put into so many of the collab versions. Make the backlight plain, no pictures, and make the prices slightly higher than the base models, not double, triple or quadruple.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
    Why do I like this G so much...? Maybe its because of the colour (I love blue) but this is the only collab. I've considered buying and I can definitely see myself rocking this G-Shock. However, I've noticed that its not discussed here. So I want to know if there is any other love for Mr. Cartoon...... should I buy this G..??
    I bought it but i have yet to wear it.. cos honestly i don't quite fancy blue.
    I bought it cos i appreciate his art.. and his effort in designing the collab in every detail.. just like his works.. all those pinstripes and clowns are his iconic style of work.. right down to the etching on the caseback. and designing the tin.. unlike other collabos that just slap on a different colorway and their logo on.
    I can't afford his art pieces.. so getting the watch is one way for me to 'own' his art work. I think its price is fairly affordable compared to other collabos. It can be justified with the amount of effort spent creating the collab.
    Eric Haze is another master of course.. Designer of the 25th anniversary Logo.

Here's giving some love for the DW-6900MRC.

I love the blue color and the designs on this one:

This is te first limited G I would and proly will buy. I love the artwork too. I am greedy enough though to wait for a reasonably priced one to come along. :D

Ik would love to design a G Shock myself sometime...

These models are pretty cheap now on a certain auction site and well worth the money. It's one of those models that looks much better in the flesh compared to piuctures.

I nearly bought one when I was in Florida a while back but I'd spent so much there that I decided against it.

Some collaborations are truly awful I think but I actually quite like this one.

IMHO, this is one of the nicest collaboration G. And the price is still pretty reasonable for a limited edition.

I have one but have never worn it.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

Thanks guys for the pics. Yes I agree that this is one of the best looking collaborations out there and with a reasonable price. This is not supposed to be a daily wearer of course but something you can wear on rear occasions. I am definitely gonna buy this one.

Thread Information