MRG-1000 Tactician

Thread: MRG-1000 Tactician

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MRG-1000 Tactician

I've managed to aquire a MRG-1000 Tactician on yahoo japan it's in fairly used condition how rare are these to find?.
    Kev

Last edited by kevinengland; September 2nd, 2007 at 20:15.

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: MRG-1000 Tactician

I don't think I've seen one before. Does that make it rare?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    I don't think I've seen one before. Does that make it rare?
    I meant to say are they difficult to source I probably paid tooooooo much 8750 yen + deputy service fees but I love the shape and it's looks chunky.
    Last edited by kevinengland; September 2nd, 2007 at 20:27.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinengland View Post
    I meant to say are they difficult to source
    Joke.

Wink Re: MRG-1000 Tactician

Hi Kev,

I bought mine new from a frien/retailer in 2001 or 2002. It was the first one I ever saw for sale. I have seen some for sale a few times, but I you can considder this one as a very rare MR-G.

It was my first MR-G in that time and it was also the most expensive G I've bougth until then (around DM 250.-). It was totally worth it.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

:thanks for the info Sjors mine does look well worn there was some stiff bidding competition in the last few minutes but I'm glad I won it
    kev

I'd say that's a very good price. The original cost on these is quite high, and they are not a common MRG at all! That model is on the middle size I'd say, but man it's a true wrist tank!

I have one of the Nippon editions, in titaniun, but have owned the SS model also. Great buy!

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by kevinengland View Post
    I've managed to aquire a MRG-1000 Tactician on yahoo japan it's in fairly used condition how rare are these to find?.
    Nice catch!

I've chased around quite a bit in Germany in 1998 and 1999 to get myself one of those. Casio Germany finally gave me the addresses of a handful of dealers which had a subselection of MR-Gs each - and one of them actually had the 1000 and I bought it new for the list price of 849 DM (~435 Euros).

Considering the fact that I've not seen anyone wearing a MR-G at all, I wuld consider all of those pretty rare. Particularly in Europe, where they apparently never were sold in a significant number.

Two years ago I also found a used MRG-100 in pretty good condition on eBay for 70 Euros incl. shipping from the UK.

BTW, the rubber bottom cover is removable so that you can clean it thoroughly (which I'd want to before putting it on my wrist). The Casio part number is 74242650 and as of a few months ago, I could still order a new one.

:thanks guys for all the info.
    kev

Wink Re: MRG-1000 Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by MRG-1000 View Post
    Nice catch!

I've chased around quite a bit in Germany in 1998 and 1999 to get myself one of those. Casio Germany finally gave me the addresses of a handful of dealers which had a subselection of MR-Gs each - and one of them actually had the 1000 and I bought it new for the list price of 849 DM (~435 Euros).
    Hi MRG-1000,

Welcome to our forum I think you are lucky to live in Germany. At least you could find them relative easily back then, compared with the Netherlands. I got mine from a friend who has a shop in Augsburg. He had in that time very good conections with casio (unfortunately not anymore) and I got very good deals with him. I believe I paid around DM 250 for it. Well, coversed to Euro's I(€125.-) it does look cheap, but in that time that was still a lot of money for a G-Shock. When the Euro was introduced the prices on auctions on eBay roughly doubled immediately for G-Shock's.

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information