MRG-G2000HB, MRG-G2000CB and MTG-B1000 failure
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MRG-G2000HB, MRG-G2000CB and MTG-B1000 failure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MRG-G2000HB, MRG-G2000CB and MTG-B1000 failure

Well it seems the unthinkable has happened to me, but 3 of my most expensive G Shocks all have a non functioning day/function indicator and non functioning date indicator.

I noticed them this past week as I have been very busy at work.

I have tried performing a hand alignment through the crown and through the connected app and neither way performs any movement of the day indicator or date wheel.

They all have failed somewhere between Sunday June 2 and Monday June 3, as the MRG-G2000CB is indicating the day between Sunday and Monday.

The watches are stored in a Volta 15 case with all of my solar/atomic/gps watches in our office near the front window for reliable syncing.

All the other watches in the case are perfect.

I made the decision to open the MTG and perform a battery pull and AC reset, as I could not believe this could be anything more than needing a reset.... I was wrong, the battery pull and AC reset did nothing.

I contacted Casio Canada and was given the information for their Ontario repair company in Markham, I will send the MRG's out on Monday and will update this thread as to how Casio deals with warranty issues.

Nonetheless it is very unsettling to have to send away these watches and hope the repair company does not cause any scratches or marks, let alone having to remind them that the MRG's have a 5 year warranty when I registered them through the connected app....they just wanted to tell me that they would be happy to provide an estimate.

The MTG will remain in the watch box as a healthy deterrent to purchasing any new G shocks.

Name:  19.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.23 MB

Name:  18.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1,020.7 KB

Name:  17.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  989.1 KB

Have a great day.

CC

Re: MRG-G2000HB, MRG-G2000CB and MTG-B1000 failure

Strange that 3 would fail at the same time and all showing 2nd?

Panicked and checked my HB, all good.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Strange that 3 would fail at the same time and all showing 2nd?

Panicked and checked my HB, all good.
    Strange indeed....I don't know what to make of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Did this problem happen when the watches synced via Bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Did this problem happen when the watches synced via Bluetooth?
    No, my phone was with me and Bluetooth is normally OFF on my phone regardless.

So three premium G Shocks all failed at the exact same time and with the same issue.

The odds of that happening without an external factor are astronomical. Therefore logic would indicate an external factor.

If this was a date related software issue we would be seeing members flooding on reporting the same problem, so more likely the external factor is particular to the OP. I have no idea what the issue could be, could it be some sort of magnetism issue? I don't know but I would be looking for a common factor.

Mitch
    kubr1ck likes this.

There was rotating thunder storms generating tornadoes in Eastern Ontario region in Canada on Sunday June 2. This can cause electro magnetic effects that can be picked up by magnetic metal objects magnetizing them. What has probably happened to these is that the dial or part of the dial have become magnetized preventing the weak motor of the sub dial to move the hand (or the actual motor itself became magnetized). Solution is to just wait and as the magnetization declines eventually the motor will be able to move the hand again. This is just a theory but is it really a coincidence that this happened to 3 watches on the very same day there where these special thunder storms in the area?
    nkwatchy likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

What happens if you manually set the date forward? Do the date wheel and day hand move?

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    There was rotating thunder storms generating tornadoes in Eastern Ontario region in Canada on Sunday June 2. This can cause electro magnetic effects that can be picked up by magnetic metal objects magnetizing them. What has probably happened to these is that the dial or part of the dial have become magnetized preventing the weak motor of the sub dial to move the hand (or the actual motor itself became magnetized). Solution is to just wait and as the magnetization declines eventually the motor will be able to move the hand again. This is just a theory but is it really a coincidence that this happened to 3 watches on the very same day there where these special thunder storms in the area?
    Your theory is very possible, although the heavy thunderstorms were in the Ottawa area ( about 6 hours east of my location )....if memory serves me, we did have some activity that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    What happens if you manually set the date forward? Do the date wheel and day hand move?
    Neither will move any way, manually through the crown or through the app.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information