MTG-1100B-1AJF just in.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Mitch100
  • 1 Post By marked

Thread: MTG-1100B-1AJF just in.

MTG-1100B-1AJF just in.

Here is a watch that I had been on the lookout for for some time. and which I finally acquired recently. I have a huge number of watches so I like to wait until I can get one at a really good price, it kind of comforts me that I can always at least recoup the price down the line if I decide to sell.

It is the MTG-1100B-1AJF and was produced in 2009 in limited numbers. It is a Japan made watch and retailed for about £500 when issued.

I really like the design of the watch the red highlights really stand out against the black dial. The dial itself is a really interesting 3D multi-layered thing. The dials etc are set in different levels and it also has a nice honeycomb effect for the main plate.

The watch features a 24hr dial, also a dial which shows the time for another world city, it has a stopwatch mode with split time functionality, a world time mode for 29 cities and a daily alarm. It is atomic and solar and features automatic hourly hand alignment as well as the ability to adjust them manually if needs be. You can swap your world time city with your home city at a push of a button a useful feature for travellers.

The MTG’s are mainly stainless steel but with some resin elements for extra protection. This one has a resin ring over the SS bezel to prevent scratches and with the all black look it blends in really well. Casio have been pushing the MTG’s up the price scale fro some time now and they are very well made watches with a quality feel.
    I was really lucky with this watch as it is BNIB and came with the Japanese manual, there can’t be many left that are in this unused condition. I got it for a fantastic price as well much less than well used examples I have seen

The lume is ok but not up to Seiko standard.

The watch wears well and is on the smaller side for a G Shock, it is 47 mm wide but only 46.9 mm tall, which is the key figure.

Some wrist shots.

Any thoughts about this one?

Mitch
    kubr1ck, GaryK30, Queen6 and 2 others like this.

Re: MTG-1100B-1AJF just in.

Very nice Mitch, the deep red accents with the stealth black case is a great combination.

I love that fact that after diving into G's over a year ago, there are still so many models and variations I haven't seen.

Mitch I had one maybe a year ago and thought it was fantastic. In my opinion one of the coolest looking watches ever produced by Casio. I really love the metallic red against the black, and the skeleton hands against the honeycomb dial.

I like it so much that if you decide to part with it, please send me a PM! Enjoy!
    Queen6 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    Mitch I had one maybe a year ago and thought it was fantastic. In my opinion one of the coolest looking watches ever produced by Casio. I really love the metallic red against the black, and the skeleton hands against the honeycomb dial.

I like it so much that if you decide to part with it, please send me a PM! Enjoy!

Yes it is a striking watch for sure, the minor dials are bit small and the timer is too short but, as you say, it is so cool.

Why did you move yours on?

Mitch

Thread Information