Mtg900da-8v

Thread: Mtg900da-8v

Mtg900da-8v

Hi all. Anyone has this model and what do think of it? I just got one and I like it lot. The only dislike is that it does't have the timer function or I'm missing something here? Thanks,Hong
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Mtg900da-8v

The MTG-900 was my first G-Shock. Bought it when I lived in the US, so the atomic doesn't work here in the UK, but I don't care. I still really like the watch, even after buying a lot of other Gs.

I remember buying that watch in the mall. I was wearing a Rolex Sub, and the geeky sales guy couldn't believe I was buying a G-Shock if I had a Rolex. I told him I had 5 of them and his jaw dropped, lol. Didn't matter. I wanted a G-Shock. My wife had been wearing one for a few years. We picked it up at the duty free shop at Heathrow (and probably paid a friggin' fortune for it), and I always thought it looked cool on her. She said she had always wanted a G-Shock, but couldn't afford one. Here was me with my Rolexs and other high end stuff, looking down my nose, yet for most of my life I had worn a Timex or Casio something or other. She could have her cheapy G if she wanted it. A few years later, I was getting sick of the expensive stuff and wanted something different. I bought an MTG-900. Now I have quite a few Gs, and zero expensive watches. Go figure.

My biggest complaint, maybe like yours, is that it doesn't have a CDT, and I use that function all the time. Other than that, I find the watch comfortable, and I love the display.

Great piece. Enjoy,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

Great story Bruce. I have downsized my watch collection as well, now mainly to Gshocks and a few automatics. Many expensive watches before, but found it useless and expensive to get them service.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watch like it in the silver I have the MTG-910D-2VER black version and was checking the manual, it has a time recorder, what ever that is, and stop watch but I cant find a count down timer on it ! Anyway I like them and would like the silver one to go with this black one

I have a G-Shock MTG930DA-8V.

I like it, but it can be very bulky sometimes.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Thread Information