MTGB1000 Charge level different in app vs phone
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: MTGB1000 Charge level different in app vs phone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MTGB1000 Charge level different in app vs phone

Just curious if this is common? My watch reads about 3/4 and the app reads 2/5 for the power remaining

Re: MTGB1000 Charge level different in app vs phone

I thought with all the other members that already have the same watch someone could confirm...
    A little more info: I just got it new, assume it hasn't gotten much light.
    The second hand stops moving overnight and starts when its in the sun so i assume the battery is low.
    The eco charge history just shows a flat line for the past month as well. Battery level in app still <50 and level on phone hasn't moved at 70%
    I guess ill be making some calls later today.

Quote Originally Posted by jpshock View Post
    I thought with all the other members that already have the same watch someone could confirm...
    A little more info: I just got it new, assume it hasn't gotten much light.
    The second hand stops moving overnight and starts when its in the sun so i assume the battery is low.
    The eco charge history just shows a flat line for the past month as well. Battery level in app still <50 and level on phone hasn't moved at 70%
    I guess ill be making some calls later today.
    The watch has a power savings feature which is why the second hand stops overnight if you are not wearing it. Place it in direct sun to get it fully powered up.
    memento_mori likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The power saving mode is most likely kicking in where the second hand stops after so long in the dark to conserve energy.
    memento_mori likes this.

I thought it might be power saving, also realized the data logging only phone side for the charge history.
    Called Casio and they suggested a full 8hr in the sun.

Can anyone comment on how closely power level indicator on phone should match in the app?
    I figured it wouldnt be exact but didn't think it would be 50% different on the phone

I have no idea why there should be a discrepancy between the watch and the phone, but knowing G-Shock Connected, I know which I would believe.

I thought it might be power saving, also realized the data logging only phone side for the charge history.
    Called Casio and they suggested a full 8hr in the sun.

Can anyone comment on how closely power level indicator on phone should match in the app?
    I figured it wouldnt be exact but didn't think it would be 50% different on the phone

I don’t have a problem. Both show full charge. It has been under high light in the shop.

Charging: human eyes mostly cannot see the amount of light. Consult the manual. Real sunlight is 100 times more than light through a window.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswifty1 View Post
    I have no idea why there should be a discrepancy between the watch and the phone, but knowing G-Shock Connected, I know which I would believe.
    Which?

I got the watch to show full charge both phone and watch. I noticed the power drop to 4/5 on the phone but stays on "H" in the watch.

Can someone let me know where the indicator on their watch is when the app shows 2/5?

Initially i was impressed that casio CS emailed me back within a few hours the same day, and hoped this and other simple questions would be resolved quickly so i could post about my new watch after not buying any the past 13 years.
    Now I just feel jerked around and want to join the most popular gshock forum and post about how bad their CS is.
    Email contact: only replied once and has since ignored for 4 business days
    Phone contact: called both support lines about to be 4th call today, no one gave any answers and ended with a 1 hour call to 'advanced support' 40 minutes hold time, 20 minute conversation that ends with 'restart the app and i will call you back 5 minutes'
    Guess i fell for the oldest CS 'get off the phone' trick in the book because he never called back despite my phone # already being in the system and giving it to him again before we hung up.

1000$ dollar watch, guess i was expecting too much by thinking casio would know how it works 0_0

Initially i was impressed that casio CS emailed me back within a few hours the same day, and hoped this and other simple questions would be resolved quickly so i could post about my new watch after not buying any the past 13 years.
    Now I just feel jerked around and want to join the most popular gshock forum and post about how bad their CS is.
    Email contact: only replied once and has since ignored for 4 business days
    Phone contact: called both support lines about to be 4th call today, no one gave any answers and ended with a 1 hour call to 'advanced support' 40 minutes hold time, 20 minute conversation that ends with 'restart the app and i will call you back 5 minutes'
    Guess i fell for the oldest CS 'get off the phone' trick in the book because he never called back despite my phone # already being in the system and giving it to him again before we hung up.

1000$ dollar watch, guess i was expecting too much by thinking casio would know how it works 0_0

Look, you are reading the indicators on the watch incorrectly. You are assuming that each graduation is equal in relation to the charge in the battery but they aren't.

If you had read the manual carefully, as you should have, Casio gives you the information on relative charge in the battery as compared to the indicated level, i.e. low, medium high etc.

This is the same for all Casio's solar watches. For your watch it tells you that in a window on an overcast day it takes 8 hours to go from 'low' to 'medium'. Does it take 8 hours to get to the next level? No, it takes 100 hours!. Even then when on 'high' it takes another 27 hours to become full.

When your watch shows you are on the third graduation out of four, your battery is not three quarters full not by a long chalk.

Even when your watch is on 'high' you can not be sure it is near full, only if you keep your watch constantly exposed can you be reasonably sure 'high' means full.

Before you complain please make sure you have read the information Casio have supplied you with.

Mitch
    memento_mori and Tetsu Tekubi like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast