MTGM900DA Problem.
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: MTGM900DA Problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Inactive

MTGM900DA Problem.

I have a MTGM900DA that I gave to my dad, who just returned it to me. He had it for only a couple weeks. It has been about 5 weeks since I bought it BNIB on ebay.

The issue is that the backlight no longer functions, and the charge indicator in the upper left of the screen is constantly flashing. Do I really need to buy a new battery for it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: MTGM900DA Problem.

No, put it on your sunniest window sill, and forget about it for a few weeks, drenching it in as much sunshine as possible - it'll be fine...
    stockae92, yankeexpress and Rocat like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    No, put it on your sunniest window sill, and forget about it for a few weeks, drenching it in as much sunshine as possible - it'll be fine...
    ^ ditto

First try to wear it outside under the sun and give it a nice long sun bath. It may take a few out timing because the battery is quite low. When the battery is low (enough), it will prevent the EL from working.

here's an example but please refer to the owner's manual for your particular model.

1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

So just leaving it on my backup charging light for solae watches should get it on the path to being normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Obvious View Post
    So just leaving it on my backup charging light for solae watches should get it on the path to being normal again.

Nothing charges better than sunshine, and Casio always underestimate the length of time it'll take to get on 'H' and remain there. Your 'light' may be OK but it'll take an age! The watch was BNIB, that's the problem, it may have been in the box for months & months, so battery is simply drained...
    yankeexpress likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Inactive

It is cloudy here today.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Obvious View Post
    It is cloudy here today.

It won't be cloudy all the time LOL That's why I said, leave it on a windowsilll, and forget about it - it'll come right soon enough...
    Rocat likes this.

Inactive

Thanks for the info guys. I'll update any changes.

StephenWatch likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    No offense Stephen but "forgetting about a watch for a few weeks" is hardly a solution to this, in fact it isn't a solution at all. Now we all here are pretty educated about (solar) watches and if one needs service of any kind we don't give much a damn, because we all have usually more than enough watches, so just take another and forget about it. I could be wromg, but there is a high possibility that capt obvious' father don't know much about the behaviour of solar watches - or others for that matter. There is also a chance, that he only got this one watch and now he is supposed to estimate time by the sun for the next weeks? yeah, well.......

@ capt obvious,

the CTL1616 in that watch may or may not come back to life, there is no way to tell, if it is just sucked empty or fubared. Sure you (respectively your dad) can put the thing into the sun, wait and see what happens, or you can buy a new rechargebale batt and put it in, or you can buy a primary lithium CR1616 and insert it. In case of the latter you just need to remove the two charging springs from the solar panel and the watch will run from now on for a few years without any trouble.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    No offense Stephen but "forgetting about a watch for a few weeks" is hardly a solution to this,
    None taken LOL However, you do suggest cracking a rather small nut with a huge massive sledge hammer. It's a new watch, give it a chance to revive itself. Now, if it had been a 15 year old vintage, sure, you could start farting around with the battery, but I would much rather keep the integrity of the factory seals intact before opening her up...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information