As much as I love the others...

Thread: As much as I love the others...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

As much as I love the others...

Funny thing is since I have gotten it I have always worn my Riseman when travelling. Not that I don't like my mudman x 2 a lot, and I really, really like my MTG-910 and my GW-6900 but that's the one I keep going back to when I'm going away for a while.

This time its a couple of weeks in the South of France...I am wearing my Riseman, I packed my Orange Monster and my i-range casio (going to a black tie thang and its a good option with a tux - I don't generally bring my omega abroad on proper holidays - otherwise I'd just bring the Riseman and the OM).

Perhaps it's because it was my first modern G. The other funny thing is that in the regular rotation my GW-9010, GW-6900 and MTG-910 all get more wrist time.

Anyone else have a travel or other particular occasion type watch, G-Shock or not, that surprises you how often you go to it ?

Re: As much as I love the others...

For some reason my GW-200MS Military Frog always likes to travel on the wrist, just seems like the one to have if separation from society should ever occur.

Although I do have a Riseman on the way, should be getting it in anytime, will have to see if it likes travel....
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

My story is a little different... When I first got my 6900 MS I wore it a few days and then nothing... But in the last week I cant seem to get it off my wrist. lol.

But I guess my general goto watch would be my Suunto Observer or one of my Vectors.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    My story is a little different... When I first got my 6900 MS I wore it a few days and then nothing... But in the last week I cant seem to get it off my wrist. lol.

But I guess my general goto watch would be my Suunto Observer or one of my Vectors.

Thats what cool to me about having many different G-Shock watches to choose from, seems like I have a new favorite every week, I have a few more non G's that I am concidering selling off to finance the new G-7900, I have wanted one ever since I first saw the new model. I have found one for around 125 shipped. Although I kinda want to wait for the green one to come out.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

I dunno - lately it's all about the Rally Mudman. It is truly my go-anywhere watch. I hate to take several watches on a trip, so unless I don't need anything more formal, then it's the Rally. It was the only watch I took to Jamaica... it never left my wrist while at the beach, in the water, in the pool, out on excursions, out to dinner. Hot summer Caribbean humidity never impaired the comfort of the muddie! I didn't expect it to sync to the Ft Collins tower while in JA, but while staying up in the country mountains, it did that too!

If it's business travel, it's now my Giez - GS1000D. Easy to change timezones, looks great in business casual.

Not surprising - both are my current favorites!!

i seldom wear my riseman, but it is always on my wrist when i go for exercise like cycling or running.

If i go oversea, it will be the suunto vector.

g9100 always on my wrist.........
    watches are meant to tell times..

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    Thats what cool to me about having many different G-Shock watches to choose from, seems like I have a new favorite every week, I have a few more non G's that I am concidering selling off to finance the new G-7900, I have wanted one ever since I first saw the new model. I have found one for around 125 shipped. Although I kinda want to wait for the green one to come out.

hmmm... thought I was the only one....

+1 Breakwater... and the positive is, for the most part, the prices won't kill you like a lot of the other watches at $300+ or $500+..

I go through phases. I allways bring the Riseman when I travel and something a little dressy. When I go walking its usually my mudman I love the dual stopwatches and forgot about the 5 second countdown until last week when I set off the countdown beeps very cool.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Opps dup I am having some computer problems.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information