mud/rust/low temp resistance

Thread: mud/rust/low temp resistance

ntp

Wink mud/rust/low temp resistance

Hello.
    Does a g-shock really need to have mud/rust/low temp resistance specified or it has those features "by default"?

I mean really now my nokia n73 keeps working fine at -20 degrees Celsius (although admittedly slower) , how could a g-shock fail? And if the pathfinder series has this feature, how could a g-shock not have it?

Mud resistance seems plain stupid to me. If water can't get through then how could mud do it?

And about rust resistance, the only solution are titanium or resin bracelets?

hey :thanks for answering

Re: mud/rust/low temp resistance

Quote Originally Posted by ntp View Post
    Hello.
    Does a g-shock really need to have mud/rust/low temp resistance specified or it has those features "by default"?
    Rust resist is hardly crucial, to be honest. As someone noted recently, ordinary G-Shocks haven't really been falling apart due to rust.

Mud resist isn't entirely stupid. This subject has been addressed many times, but water runs away, whereas mud sticks around. The gritty particles in mud can cause abrasion and wear.

All quartz watches are affected by temperature, which is why expensive digital movements are thermo-compensated.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: mud/rust/low temp resistance

if you sweat a lot or work with sea water a lot, thats what rust resistant is for. (i have seen rust on screws, springbars and caseback, i suppose titanium parts will take care of that)

for mud resistant, you should try to operate the small metal buttons with gloves on. or cover the watch with mud and then try to operate the buttons, thats what mud resistant is for

Thread Information