Muddy writing on my Mudman
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Muddy writing on my Mudman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Aquadive & Dive Watch Forum Moderator arutlosjr11's Avatar

Last week I purchased a Casio GG-1000 from a no-name eBay company (against my better judgement) and received the one on the right.

I noticed that the writing on the band appeared to be "muddy," at least to me. Look at the WATER 20 BAR RESIST font comparison.

I also noted that I couldn't read the digital date/ hour windows well.

A few minutes of research told me that this model is heavily faked and that most are so good, you can't tell.

I also made note that certain functions didn't work such as: you couldn't sync the digital time to the analog time effectively and the analog seconds hand would not find magnetic north.

When I tried to sync the hands, including compass calibration, the watch's selectable functions made it impossible to accomplish the task.

I've heard that if the compass doesn't work, it's a fake dead giveaway, but 1/2 off mine did (the digital compass worked).

My heart tells me it's fake, and I wanted to put a few pics up to help highlight a few of the signs that made me wonder.

My newly received real one (ordered AFTER I realized the first was a fake), from a reputable company, is bad arse!

Comparison pics included.

Last edited by arutlosjr11; September 22nd, 2017 at 18:56.
    BadTrainDriver and Cobia like this.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

Re: Muddy writing on my Mudman

I'm glad you were able to get a real one. There are lots of shady characters selling fairly convincing copies of various G-Shock models.

that fake definitely has some qualities that would fool some ppl straight off if it wasnt for the subdial screaming in your face. apart from the obvious tackiness to it, it doesnt line up in the middle of the mode that its on and its pointing to stop watch when its in time mode haha! does the subdial even work?

ps. why did you put fake in quotation marks?

the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm confused. You bought a second one and believe it to be fake? The one on the right is definitely not genuine. I take it that is the shady one you just got as compared to the real one you own on the left.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    I'm confused. You bought a second one and believe it to be fake? The one on the right is definitely not genuine. I take it that is the shady one you just got as compared to the real one you own on the left.

I believe that's the case. He got the one on the right first, determined it was fake, then got a genuine one; which is on the left. He posted the pictures, I think, just to let others see the comparison. I must say, without the genuine for comparison, the fake would look rather convincing to the average person. (Not any of us, of course )

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Steelerswit, ocddave and Adam020 like this.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

Wouldn't beat yourself up too much, that fake is awfully good, and would be very convincing had you not had a genuine one to to a side by side comparison. It's just a shame that even when reported to Ebay, these fake sellers are seldom removed. I guess it's because Ebay get their commission no matter what kind of item is sold.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Man, to those folks with no prior experience with this model I can see how one could be fooled. How many people out there buy these and wear them in blissful ignorance, never knowing they're not the real deal? Side by side I can see the subdial difference, the thin line above the "THU", the strap font, etc. Curious, when it comes time for a battery change is it obvious that the innards are not Casio?
    Prdrers likes this.

Scary how close this thing is to the real one! Too bad some folks will be spending their hard earned cash on a fake product sold by these crooks and possibly never even know. Fakes getting better and better...

Aquadive & Dive Watch Forum Moderator arutlosjr11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post

Sorry that I didn't articulate the issue and events better. I've updated my original post.

I received the fake one first and made note of all the issues after I was unable to sync the times (analog to digital). Additionally, I couldn't get the analog compass to work, although the digital did.

So, I immediately ordered a second one from a more reputable company (since I wasn't going to order from the same one) and once it arrived (last night) I photographed what physical differences I could distinguish with the naked eye.

I'm a dive watch collector and I'm better in those kinds of fakes. But, not so much in the G-Shock category.
    Last edited by arutlosjr11; September 22nd, 2017 at 18:37.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

next question,,,,did you open a case with ebay?
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information