Mudman Buttons

Thread: Mudman Buttons

Question Mudman Buttons

Newbie looking for some help...

I am interested in purchasing an atomic solar mudman and wanted to know if the buttons can be pressed under water. I am also curious if you can navigate through the modes while the light is on. I have a Suunto Observer that allows me to do this and it is a very helpful feature for those who work at night. Any info from you all would be great. Thanks!

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Mudman Buttons

Quote Originally Posted by BigUg View Post

I am interested in purchasing an atomic solar mudman and wanted to know if the buttons can be pressed under water.
    hi bigug,

welcome to our nice little casio community

yes, the buttons can be pressed under water, I have done this with several g-shock, never had the slightes problem.

I am also curious if you can navigate through the modes while the light is on.
    unfortunately no. the el-backlight on the GW-9000 only lasts 1,5 seconds anyway, but if you push any button while this period you will even further shorten it

you can however, push the light button in all modes and of course you are always free to turn the auto-el on, but the 1,5 seconds remains. personally I also wish casio would build a watch where one is able to turn the light on, as long as it takes to make a setting for a specific mode. unless this is going to happen, we have to learn the functions and workflows of our watch(es) by heart I'm afraid, so we can use them also in darkness (or push the light button every few seconds....)

regards, holger

I'm 100% with caliber here, not a big issue for me since I set the mode that I need prior to going to dark area but you're right this would be a nice thing to have.

Timex has a "night mode" that turns the indiglo for couple of seconds no matter what button you press.

I understand where the Casio is coming from this feature if not used carefully would drain the battery in a hurry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum, and the mudman range of watches is a good start!

Regards,
    Patrick

Welcome, BigUg!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

hi bud i wear a mudman to work and what i throw at it it takes it
    but as for the light problem just go by sound and the nu ber of presses you do that works for me
    ive worn mine for !.5 years at work and still looks like new

you can turn the "mute" on (turn off the beep) and the EL will remain while you are changing mode

but its still limited by the duration of the EL

even for timex, they won't "beep" and "turn EL on" at the same time (i think, at least for my ironman shock resistant 200m. i don't have it with me, but maybe somebody can run a test and see if this is true. but i would imagine beeping with EL on will draw a lot of current)

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
    you can turn the "mute" on (turn off the beep) and the EL will remain while you are changing mode
    Another potentially useful tip from WUS.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Another potentially useful tip from WUS.
    Thanks for all of your replies and info. Looks like I am sold on a Mudman!

TTT

I doubt you'll regret getting one. The buttons are a little hard to press, but they're built like tanks and they look good. I wouldn't worry too much about pressing the buttons underwater - I used to do that with my old casio team-alpha 50M water resistant watch, and never had any problems at all.

Thread Information