Mudman G(W)-9300 Legibility Test (among the 3 versions out now)
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Mudman G(W)-9300 Legibility Test (among the 3 versions out now)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mudman G(W)-9300 Legibility Test (among the 3 versions out now)

This is not a scientific test, just a little experiment I did. My G-9300GB arrived today. I don't know how I feel about it. I really like the other two I have, so I may end up selling this one, but I like the fact that I have all three and I feel this is going to be a very successful module for Casio so I kind of want to hold onto it even if I don't wear it. Can always mod it or use it for parts in the future.

I wanted to test the legibility in low light, so I simulated this by taking tripod camera shots with different shutter speeds.

When under a flash, they all look pretty:

In normal room light, the standard is obviously the most legible, followed by the smoky gray, and last the gold/black

In dim light, the gold/black is starting to get frustrating. The other two are okay, with the standard coming out on top as expected.

My conclusion is that the gold/black is the least legible of the three. Not to burst anyone's bubble. If you don't have a problem with yours, maybe your eyes are superior. I kind of wish it was brighter. That gleaming gold circle also distracts from the display and overwhelms the face of the watch. It still looks very nice in normal daylight, though, and is the classiest of the three. The gold does not look cheap or blingy at all.

As for the bands, they feel the same (no difference between the carbon fiber band and the standard resin that I can tell).

Re: Mudman G(W)-9300 Legibility Test (among the 3 versions out now)

This is great. This just reinforces my desire for the Smokey...

I have the smokey and it is gorgeous. The thing that annoys me to no end is how tall the new mudd is compared to other g'a especially the new GR- 8900.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

JwY

Nice comparison shots. It's very evident in the last shot. Like most things, the cool stuff looks awesome but usually isn't the most practical in usage. But I guess you could wear the negatives during sunny days and the standard for the rest of the time. A good excuse to have more than one.
    My Tissot Seastar 1000 (2011 Edition) Review:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/tis...on-560425.html

Great post, very informative and helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post the comparison pictures.
    Tom2.0 likes this.

Nice shots kung. Keep the gb, as you said is the fancy one and you can use it on special and casual ocasions, like a date or a movie...

Go Team Bravus!!

I concur with your results. I have the black and gold, and I love it, but it is not the most legible at times.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.bravus View Post
    Nice shots kung. Keep the gb, as you said is the fancy one and you can use it on special and casual ocasions, like a date or a movie...
    Special occasion? Mudman any model does not even make into the radar or hemisphere for that matter. Something on SS or leather, most likely not a G-Shock of any sort for me. Love my G's, but they are not getting the gold ticket on a special occasion. Faulk gold or not. LOL.
    Last edited by HelloNasty1; November 6th, 2011 at 04:09.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

They are all quite sharp. What is the going price for these? Can someone PM me...

I was waiting for someone to do this and you did now i can show my friend this thread and tell him that the standard is the most most legible!
    Thanks kung-fusion :)!
    Hey guys what would you think this series would collaboration with.
    The last mudman only had a red TLC with an engrave TLC word behind the back plate.
    I hope they collaborate with an awesome look and special back plate.
    Please let the collaboration be an awesome one!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information