Mudman G9300 series. (General info needed please!)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xevious

Thread: Mudman G9300 series. (General info needed please!)

Mudman G9300 series. (General info needed please!)

Greetings,

I have been looking for the G9300GY mudman for some time now and will hopefully have it by the end of this upcoming week.
    However, I have some questions in regards to this line.
    How often does G-Shock introduce new products?
    Is it like Apple with Macs where its a refreshed version every year,
    or more like Windows and their OS where it's every four to five years?

I would dread buying this watch and three months later a newer version is released.
    Also, how many versions are there now, the red, gold, tan and green?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Mudman G9300 series. (General info needed please!)

New ones come out every month - but particular models might only get new (usually colour) combinations much less frequently.

One of the websites where they announce what is coming out (in japan - so later if at all elsewhere) is here - 新製品情. - 時計 - CASIO - choose the year/month on the pull down menu.

They won't be changing the 9300 Mudman for some time. It has been TOO successful, if you know what I mean. There's the black, black/gold, smoky gray, earthtone brown and the Atomic Orange Love the Sea & Earth model releasing 6/30

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The only thing that will change in the near future about the Mudman 9300 is the colors. The technology itself, I predict, is good for several years.

AAW09, i happen to be wearing mine today. I might be misreading your question a little but it seems like casio releases new color versions somewhat regularly (annually?) But actually changes the watch much less often (gulfman going from 9100 to 9110 comes to mind). Hope this helps.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Thanks for all the answers.
    Does anyone here know of the best (reliable) place to buy a G9300GY mudman aside from the $500 one on eBay?
    XD
    Thanks!

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I take it you mean the GW-9300GY. The cheapest I've seen it sold for is around $460 on eBay. It's a JDM (Japan Domestic Market) release only, so you pay a premium. Most Japanese sellers that show a good track record tend to keep them, and are trustworthy to buy from.

As for new versions, you will see CASIO release a model on a given year and follow up with a number of color variations (resin, bezel, or dial) for a couple of years, until producing a new model. But the timing from one completely new model to the next can vary wildly.

Case in point, the DW-8400 came out in 1995. The next "major" Mudman model that appeared was the G-9000 in 2006. Because it was such a successfully received model, CASIO came out with the G-9025 in 2007, followed by the G-9010 in 2008. CASIO then took a break for 3 years, releasing the G-9300 in 2011.

The G-9300 was a rather dramatic change in functionality. Instead of switching around STW and CDT functionality, they added a compass, thermometer and moon phase. I feel confident saying we could see a new Mudman in 2014. But just because a new model comes out, doesn't make the previous one obsolete. Far from it. It's not like computers, mind you. There is no dramatic leap in technology from one model to the next.

The only real major leap in technology that CASIO has recently pioneered is Bluetooth. The GB-6900 can interface with a smart phone and show some relayed data on the watch face, as well as provide vibration or audible alerts concerning the phone. This is very new and only in the JDM right now. I see CASIO improving this technology gradually, but it will remain isolated to a couple of special models for a very long time. We won't see it spread to the whole G-Shock line until the power problem is more adequately solved, and that's 10-20 years from now.
    Shocker likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Bluetooth on the watch. Read about it before and can see some of the benefits. I can see it absolutely destroying battery life though!
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Thread Information