Which Mudman to get?!

Thread: Which Mudman to get?!

Rolling eyes Which Mudman to get?!

Alright guys, I am totally torn. I've been going back and forth because I really want a mudman (previous owner of a G9000MS-1) but I don't know which one Here's the deal, I'm thinking about the G9000-3V (i'd be dyeing it black) the G9010-1, and lastly the GW9000-A1. Thoughts and opinions?

And yet another thought/possible mod. If I get one of the latter two mudmans I may try to reverse the display, what do you think about that? (As you can tell I like my G-Shocks stealthed )

Pictures always help the process
    Helm: Vanuatu
    ​Seiko: SKX779 "Black Monster"

Helson: Shark Diver 40 Brass
    Obris Morgan: Aegis
    G-Shocks: G1000-H / GW7900B-1 / GW9000 / G-Steel GSTS310D-1A
    Invicta: Modded 8926OB

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Which Mudman to get?!

Well, we already had the discussion about the dyeing procedre, so nothing new from my side. I can tell you however, that I never could get used to the odd look of the GW-9010 (to put it nicely) and if you are a sucker for functions, the GW-9000 will be a big disappointement. Compared to the module of the G-9000 (which is known to be one of the best along with the G-7900 and GLX-6900 series) the GW-9000 is very basic (to put it nicely again). Had mine for about six month and sold it, just because of that.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Wow, thanks for the advice. I always did like the G9000's module Again about the legibility of the display on the G9000-3V, do you have any other G-Shocks it's comparable to? I mean I already have a GA100-1A1 and a GW7900B-1 and if it's like those I'm golden.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

K42

I agree with the G-9000 having a great module (3031). I've passed my Mudman phase, but I if I had to get another one it would be a GW-9010. Sure, it had an odd display (cyclops G), but the display is crisp.

Here's one that I had modded:

I am sucker for look but not function. I like the 5 eye a lot.

Name:  5670744902_3a7305ff07_b.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  429.0 KB

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Scattercoreys View Post
    Wow, thanks for the advice. I always did like the G9000's module Again about the legibility of the display on the G9000-3V, do you have any other G-Shocks it's comparable to? I mean I already have a GA100-1A1 and a GW7900B-1 and if it's like those I'm golden.
    To be honest, I don't care much for negative displays these days. This is because I already have the two best negative diplayed G-Shock's Casio made to date (G-7710 and G-7800B) which both outperform the G-9000-3V by far, and on Top the negative Display of my Tech4o Traileader Jet, which simply outperforms any Casio. Like you I had a phase where I thought that every watch should be uber-stealthy, and as far as the case is concerned I still do think so. But it comes a time when you will realize, that a watch with positive display is just as much stealthy for another person standing 2 meters next to you unless this person can see the watch display at a perfect angle and you don't move your arm. Overall positive displays simply have a better performance. That's why I do love my G-7900MS all-black that much as well as the G-800BD-1V in my avatar.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by K42 View Post
    I agree with the G-9000 having a great module (3031). I've passed my Mudman phase, but I if I had to get another one it would be a GW-9010. Sure, it had an odd display (cyclops G), but the display is crisp.

Here's one that I had modded:

I agree, the 9010 display doesn't bother me much, and I like the module. Nice mod, by the way. I had to do a double-take, to check the module!

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    I am sucker for look but not function. I like the 5 eye a lot.
    Nice shot of it, too.

Darn, I still can't decide. G9010 owners, do you think that module is on par with that of the G9000?

Thread Information