Which Mudman and Gulfman models were the last really "Made in Japan" G-Shocks...?

Thread: Which Mudman and Gulfman models were the last really "Made in Japan" G-Shocks...?

Which Mudman and Gulfman models were the last really "Made in Japan" G-Shocks...?

Hi folks,

Like the tittle says it, when was the last time the Mudman and Gulfman G's were "Made in Japan"? I am talking really "Made in Japan" in the back case, or at least "Japan", and not about the Japanese models "-1JF". Please post the model numbers, and pictures if you happen to have them.

This post is not about "Made in Japan" vs "The Rest of The World" G's quality as this had been discussed to the end many times.

Cheers !!!

G.

Re: Which Mudman and Gulfman models were the last really "Made in Japan" G-Shocks...?

My G-9300 is made in japan.

Both my 9300 Mudmen were made in Japan. An ER-5 and a "vanilla" one

Name:  image-3171407687.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  617.3 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Which Mudman and Gulfman models were the last really "Made in Japan" G-Shocks...?

Thank you guys.

Yes, I should have said...apart from the newest Mudman G-9300...what others?

Cheers,

G.

Any more info ?

Cheers!!!!

G.
    Seller Feedback, click here ! ---> Feedback. And more via email if required !

LUW

The 9300 was only made in Japan for a short time because of the floods in Thailand. AFAIK all other Gulfmans and Mudmans (with the possible exception of the DW-8400? ) came form Thailand.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

My Gulfman was made in China (May 2012).

sgi

Once upon a time all Master of G members were made in Japan :) In my opinion, all Master of G members should be made in Japan, and have titanium back. In 2000 and before you could buy a Riseman (DW-9100), Mudman (DW-8400, AW-570-571), Gaussman (AW-570-571) or Raysman (DW-9300) with titanium back.

Well, after researched it, seems that for the Mudman, the latest for sure Made in Japan were the Granddad DW-8400, with some GW-9300-1JF & GW-9300GB-1JF Made in Japan because the flooding in Thailand. I am still not sure if the GW9300 ER-5 and a "vanilla" are all made in Japan or if just some of them were made in Japan again because of the Thai's floods. The second Gen Mudman all seem to be made outside Japan, mainly Thailand.
    As for the Gulfman, what I have found is that all are made outside Japan after the original pre-Gulfman "The Fisherman".

If you know more, chime in please !

Cheers,

G.

sgi

First Gulfman series (DW-9700) are also made in Japan.

Thread Information