Mudman/Gulfman strap alternatives?

Thread: Mudman/Gulfman strap alternatives?

Mudman/Gulfman strap alternatives?

Hey guys,

I usually hang out on the dive watch forum, but I'm getting either a Mudman or Gulfman soon. I'll always love my big & heavy automatic watches, but I also need a watch that actually does cool stuff other than just keeping time. Like alarms, timers, stopwatches, backlights, solar charging, you know, all the things that the G-Shocks do so well.

The only thing I don't like about the Mudman/Gulfman watches are the straps. For such a burly watch, they look pretty narrow. I'm sure they work just fine, but the watches would look so much better with a wider strap. Has anyone had any luck adapting zulu or any other straps to these watches yet?

Thanks!
    -Phil

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Mudman/Gulfman strap alternatives?

hi phil,

well I can't tell about the gulfmans strap yet because I don't own one and never will, but I can tell you about the mudmans strap: it measures 25mm on the lug and on the narrower part it measures 21mm. thats pretty normal for an average g-shock band.

however if you are open minded for other suggestions, you may also want to consider the G-2300B, which is one of the best g-shock in my opinion. along with its nylon/velcro strap it looks pretty bulky, there is a nice shot in this thread made by buzzbait: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=81595

regards, holger

Quote Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
    Hey guys,

For such a burly watch, they look pretty narrow.
    Thanks!
    -Phil

Just an fyi....these models are quite a bit more "petite" than traditional g-shocks, and the straps match the watches well; light, flexible, and for most extremely comfortable.
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    hi phil,

well I can't tell about the gulfmans strap yet because I don't own one and never will, but I can tell you about the mudmans strap: it measures 25mm on the lug and on the narrower part it measures 21mm. thats pretty normal for an average g-shock band.

however if you are open minded for other suggestions, you may also want to consider the G-2300B, which is one of the best g-shock in my opinion. along with its nylon/velcro strap it looks pretty bulky, there is a nice shot in this thread made by buzzbait: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=81595

regards, holger

Cool, I'll check that one out too. Thanks!

Thread Information