Mudman GW9010-1, Gulfman GW9100-1 or something else?

View Poll Results: Mudman, Gulfman or something else?

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • Mudman

46 55.42%
  • Gulfman

33 39.76%
  • Check this watch out ...

6 7.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Mudman GW9010-1, Gulfman GW9100-1 or something else?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mudman GW9010-1, Gulfman GW9100-1 or something else?

Hi guys,

I am looking for a watch I can do things to which I don't want my Blackbird to go through. A G-Shock seems to fit the bill.

I need it for the outdoors, DIY, mountain-biking etc.

I like the design of the Gulfman better than that of the Mudman apart from the revolver thing in the display of the Gulfman. The Mudman should be able to withstand every abuse even better than the Gulfman. Weight-wise they are both the same. Rally-timer might come in handy (or not?).

Which wrist band is more comfortable? It looks like the Mudman migth win but the Gulfman's wrist band looks cooler.

Or is there another watch I should consider?

Difficult, difficult ... .

Thanks for your help.

PS. Any suggestions for good deals online? The Mudman appears to be sold out in the UK. Mainland EU quite expensive. US best deals but amazon for example won't ship overseas.
    Breitling Blackbird

Re: Mudman GW9010-1, Gulfman GW9100-1 or something else?

I voted for Mudman GW9010-1
    My Collection so far:
    CASIO: PRX-2000YT-1JF * PRX-2000T-7JF * PRW-60

The Mudman's perceived superior shock resistance over the Gulfman is largely marketing hype; in reality, you'll find that they both deserve the G-Shock title. Yes, the Mudman's strap is more comfortable, but the Gulfman's strap design allows for faster drying.

Bottom line is, you can't go wrong with either watch.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    I voted for Mudman GW9010-1
    My vote goes for GW9010-1 as well
    I Love Watches

I like my Gulfman better but voted for the Mudman. I think Mudman would be better for what you want to do. I can't decide if my Raysman or Mudman is going hiking on the Appalachian trail with me tomorrow.

Watches are like cigars, the most expensive ones are not always the ones you enjoy the most.

>>> Muddie FTW!

The Mudman all the way. I have the 9010 and I gave my 9000 away to my son. The 9010 rally-timer is the one thing I don't like. I think the 9000 is far better. You can't hurt it and it keep great time and the times will go on timing for ever or 1000 hrs (x2 timers). I should have given my son the 9010 and kept the 9000.

Hi,
    voted for the GW-9010 of course - best atomic G-Shock right now (the GW-M850 has the same features). And I wonder why anyone doesn't like the rally timer function - it's one of the most useful features in any G-Shock I think. A combined STW/CDT with 10 freely programmable preset start times that are available at the press of one button - what's there not to like? I also got the GW-9000A but the GW-9010 is far superior. And it looks so cool when modded :

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

+1 on others

Get a PAW or if you really want a G, the Riseman and get a small compass to go with the wristband.

Mountain biking, outdoors watch??? these 2 suggestions should cover it...as for comfort, wear it snug so it doesn't dangle and little above the wrist joint so it doesn't get in the way of the natural movement of your wrist.

IMO, no watch is comfortable on the wrist, they can just be less bothersome, less of a hindrance, but comfortable? Not.
    Even the F-91w that I consider the most comfortable watch to wear because it's as close as a wrist can get to being naked, can still be bothersome once in a while when I get it wet and have to take it off to wipe dry...Else, you're gonna accelerate the "bikini lines" on your wrist.

Cool Re: Mudman GW9010-1, Gulfman GW9100-1 or something else?

I will offer a contrary opinion.

I have limited edition versions of both the GW9100 and the GW9010. Both are great watches.

For outdoor activities, however, I recommend the Gulfman. I live in Orlando. It is very hot and very humid here most of the year.

All of the straps/bracelets on all of my watches are comfortable, including the Mudman strap. For outdoor activities in heat and humidity, however, the Gulfman strap is ideal because you can wear the watch loosely without the watch flopping around.

The Mudman must be worn tighter than the Gulfman, thus, it is not as comfortable for outdoor activities. There are posters here that insist the Gulfman strap is uncomfortable, but I believe many of them are wearing the Gulfman tighter than intended by the designers.

"I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information