Mudman Help

Thread: Mudman Help

Mudman Help

Hey folks,

I've been lurking here awhile and decided to sign up so hi to all. I do have a question however that I hope someone can help me with. I recently bought a mudman and absolutely love it!! The functions and fit are great and feels comfortable except for one thing. Those nubs on the back drive me crazy!! Does anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions or solutions. I've tried to tough it out but it rubs my wrist raw. I've considered filing or sanding them down bit I'm a little bit of a purist and did want to do that type of modification. Also considered taking off the guard but not sure if the case molding would stick out and cause a different fit issue. Any help would be great and looking forward to participating here in the future.

Re: Mudman Help

maybe loosen the strap a notch?
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

I don't think that removing the case back cover will work. I believe that the case back screws are shouldered, so you'll just end up with the screws sticking out.

If it really bothers you, and loosening the strap one notch is too loose for your liking, then sanding down the nubs is the only way out that I can think of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm assuming you're talking about the little checkered parts. If they're are rubbing you raw, I'm sure you're rubbing them a bit each time. So eventually you'll rub them smooth anyway, so take a sandpaper or an exacto to them.

I too think removing the guard will result in the screws sticking out.

Good luck.

Sounds like you're just wearing it way too tight. On my wrist, the Mudman can be worn fairly loose and it won't slide around.
    Wear what you like.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.

I find the Mudman one of the most comfortable G's to wear. Maybe my skin is just old and leathery.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I usually wear my watches pretty tight, but I've never even noticed the nubs on the back The strap and watch are just so comfortable, I never even notice them.
    Regards Sonny
    Motorcycling is my LIFE..
    2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom FXDC

Hmm. Maybe making a Bund-style pad to put under the watch head?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric A View Post
    Hey folks,

I've been lurking here awhile and decided to sign up so hi to all. I do have a question however that I hope someone can help me with. I recently bought a mudman and absolutely love it!! The functions and fit are great and feels comfortable except for one thing. Those nubs on the back drive me crazy!! Does anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions or solutions. I've tried to tough it out but it rubs my wrist raw. I've considered filing or sanding them down bit I'm a little bit of a purist and did want to do that type of modification. Also considered taking off the guard but not sure if the case molding would stick out and cause a different fit issue. Any help would be great and looking forward to participating here in the future.
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

I prefer to wear my watches snug and I too have found the 4 traction pads on bottom can really dig in, especially if the watch gets pressed into my wrist. Ouch! I have taken to wearing it a notch looser than normal, which works alright.

Thread Information