Mudman - Love the honeycomb, don't need solar/atomic

Thread: Mudman - Love the honeycomb, don't need solar/atomic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mudman - Love the honeycomb, don't need solar/atomic

I'm torn, wanting to buy my fourth G ((I purchased 3 in the last two weeks) (I'll make a thread showing them all when I get them)) and I'm after a mudman now.

I absolutely love the touch that the honeycomb dial puts on the mudman, but I'm not sure if that justifies that +$300 on one compared to a regular non atomic/solar mudman.

Specifically I'm torn between MIMB mudman Vs g9000ms, and MIRO mudman (gw9010r) Vs g9000r4.

Should I just suck it up and go with one of the non atomic/solar counterparts?

Re: Mudman - Love the honeycomb, don't need solar/atomic

May be you could consider this Atomic....

....and it's in the buck-fifty price point! This is my first and it exceeded my expectaions, as well as it's "matt black"?, "mate black"?, oh heck, "flat black" outer shell.....

Pops
    Last edited by azpops; March 5th, 2011 at 15:23.
    Have a great day, or night! ...

Pops

... ...

Quote Originally Posted by militaryfan View Post
    Solar/ atomic is nice but i prefer the looks of a low speed low drag mudman. Plus, it only looses ~10 seconds a month and it's not that difficult to reset the time every three months.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool Re: Mudman - Love the honeycomb, don't need solar/atomic

Quote Originally Posted by militaryfan View Post
    I'm torn, wanting to buy my fourth G ((I purchased 3 in the last two weeks) (I'll make a thread showing them all when I get them)) and I'm after a mudman now.

I absolutely love the touch that the honeycomb dial puts on the mudman, but I'm not sure if that justifies that +$300 on one compared to a regular non atomic/solar mudman.

Specifically I'm torn between MIMB mudman Vs g9000ms, and MIRO mudman (gw9010r) Vs g9000r4.

It is a matter of personal preference, really.

Around here, it borders on heresy and sacrilege to say you don't like the non-atomic Mudman. Personally, however, I don't like the non-atomic Mudman.

The only Mudman models I like are the MIMB 9010 and the MIRO 9010. It may be somewhat difficult to find a MIMB 9010, and it may be extremely difficult to find a MIRO 9010.

Another possibility is the upcoming purple 9010, but I would wait for "real" photos of the watch.

One word, dude, one word: honeycomb!

ACG

Why not get a non atomic but solar G-9010?

Got that honeycomb effect but not the cost of the atomic

I got the G-9000 and love it. Only 5 seconds fast per month.
    And they come in many flavors. I got the MS stealth.
    The 3031 module is tough to beat. I like the 2 stop watches.

Hi
    Has anyone got photo's of the two types of 9010 mudman your talking about would like to see the honeycomb look?

Got one for son for £99.00 from uk no postage but could have had a much cheaper one shipped in from the USA for cheaper.
    They were both on E-bay and the only stipulation to buying them was as the boy said thats what i want:(:(
    Reckon the people on here in the know will have much better deals available from there sources as e-bay is the only place other than the high st jewellers i know:)

Quote Originally Posted by Coco6449 View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone got photo's of the two types of 9010 mudman your talking about would like to see the honeycomb look?

Got one for son for £99.00 from uk no postage but could have had a much cheaper one shipped in from the USA for cheaper.
    They were both on E-bay and the only stipulation to buying them was as the boy said thats what i want:(:(
    Reckon the people on here in the know will have much better deals available from there sources as e-bay is the only place other than the high st jewellers i know:)
    Read through this thread from the time when the 9010 was first released for images of the honeycomb: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/new...jf-171111.html

Hard to capture the honey-comb effect on photos really - but I luckily succeeded once or twice:

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Here are stock photos of the two that I am wanting pretty badly, although not bad enough to warrant the $500 price tag.

and

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information