mudman is one tough watch if not the toughest
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: mudman is one tough watch if not the toughest

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

mudman is one tough watch if not the toughest

i have had my green camo mudman for 4 months .i am in construction and in 3 months my last watch i broke the band 4 times. broke the glass front and then sent it back to the company to have it fixed again.

went on the INTERNET and typed in search for worlds toughest watch and came up with g-shock. looked at the watches and decided on the mudman for durability.this watch still looks new and i swear i could hang from the band. i have even tried out the mud part and when i was done for the day rinsed it off with a garden hose.i even bought the white and Grey mudman and wish they would come out a desert storm type camo mudman. i wish they would make the newest gulfman in a mudman type.

i would try the gulfman but i like the mud resist feature of the mudman. i just cant say enough about this watch and have worn it everyday and just about gave up on watches.i even paid 120.00 for my last watch hopeing it would last but not. come on casio and make a desert storm mudman.
    Last edited by sparkster; September 1st, 2007 at 07:53.
    capt_RENGT likes this.

Re: mudman is one tough watch if not the toughest

Glad to hear that you love the Mudman.

I have both the Mudman & Gulfman. Both are nice Gs!

As a materials freak,I love Gulfman for the titanium metal parts. As for the Mudman, it would be the Mud-resistant feature!

Cheers,
    MountainMike
    Last edited by MountainMike; September 1st, 2007 at 10:22. Reason: adding sentence

yeah wouldn't it be cool if they made the mudman just like the gulfman. i use my watch for work and everyday it is still on my wrist just amazes me. do you think the gulfman would last even without the mud feature if you use it around dirt and so forth?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkster View Post
    yeah wouldn't it be cool if they made the mudman just like the gulfman. i use my watch for work and everyday it is still on my wrist just amazes me. do you think the gulfman would last even without the mud feature if you use it around dirt and so forth?
    personally I think the "mud resist" feature is more a marketing gag than anything else. in my opinion ALL g-shocks were made for heavily (ab)use, including getting dirty. at least I never heard of one which failed because of dirt/mud. so I think you can't go wrong with a gulfman (or any other G for that matter- you might want the G-2300 series give a try, my personal favorite) unless you miss the fifth light button which makes the gulfman (unfortunately) a 100% no-go for me.

regards, holger

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    personally I think the "mud resist" feature is more a marketing gag than anything else. in my opinion ALL g-shocks were made for heavily (ab)use, including getting dirty. at least I never heard of one which failed because of dirt/mud. so I think you can't go wrong with a gulfman (or any other G for that matter- you might want the G-2300 series give a try, my personal favorite) unless you miss the fifth light button which makes the gulfman (unfortunately) a 100% no-go for me.

regards, holger

I don't own a Mudman so I can't say for sure but I have to agree with Cal..45 on this one. I don't think a DW-6900 or DW-5600 or any other would have any problems in the same conditions as the Mudman. I've done my fair share of 4-wheeling in some VERY dusty conditions with my other G's and I've never had a problem. This shouldn't detract from the coolness of the Muddy, however. I think it's a very cool watch and could end up in my watch box here in the near future. :thanks
    It's always sunny in Boise!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tseely View Post
    I don't own a Mudman so I can't say for sure but I have to agree with Cal..45 on this one. I don't think a DW-6900 or DW-5600 or any other would have any problems in the same conditions as the Mudman. I've done my fair share of 4-wheeling in some VERY dusty conditions with my other G's and I've never had a problem. This shouldn't detract from the coolness of the Muddy, however. I think it's a very cool watch and could end up in my watch box here in the near future. :thanks
    If you get one you will like it. When looking at it online it seems rather big and chunky but it actually wears really nice. About the same size as a 2310 roughly. Probably in the top 3 of my favorite G's right now .

Comparison pic of G2300 and Mudman

FWIW, here's a pic of a G2300 and a Mudman together. It seems to me that the Mudman wears a little closer/lower on the wrist, which I consider a plus.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Comparison pic of G2300 and Mudman

Quote Originally Posted by mtds View Post
    FWIW, here's a pic of a G2300 and a Mudman together. It seems to me that the Mudman wears a little closer/lower on the wrist, which I consider a plus.

interesting, I have never seen a G-2300B-1V with a resin strap before, but it looks pretty good. nice duo and pic btw

regards, holger

Banned

That is kind of rare. I saw one just before a picked up mine with the velcro.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post

regards, holger
    If you don't mind my asking, I was thinking about this 'Mud Resist' feature. Wouldn't all G-Shocks, being water resistant, be mud resistant by default too?
    Regards,
    - TY -

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information