Mudman questions

Thread: Mudman questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mudman questions

Hi everyone

I have been lurking around the forum for some time now and decided that I must have a Mudman.

I've been eyeing the different models for quite a while now, but can't decide which one to get...

I've seen the atomic multiband 5 version in person, but did not really care for it. So I think a "classic" one is in order, but which one?

I like the green one, but I'm leery of the negative display. I have a GW5660BCJ1 that is not that easy to read IMO, and the Muddie display seems busier so I'm not sure about legibility on that one.

Not sure about the red buttons on the standard black one, although legibility would not be a concern there.

The green camo one seems pretty cool...does the orange film on the display make it harder to read than the standard black one? Any comments on the camo?

Are the "Stormtrooper" or "Milkman" models still available to buy new?

All insights, opinions, and pics welcome! Thanks in advance

Jim

Re: Mudman questions

Jim you already know there is no one answer surfer mansrow will tell you the get the nija turtle . I wanted the biege one but its a japan model and not normally sold here. yes you can get them but not as easy. I have the basic black. the red buttons have not bothered me I really like the dual stop watch. also is not too large. just about right imo. the module looks like the gulfmans evil twin

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Jim you already know there is no one answer surfer mansrow will tell you the get the nija turtle . I wanted the biege one but its a japan model and not normally sold here. yes you can get them but not as easy. I have the basic black. the red buttons have not bothered me I really like the dual stop watch. also is not too large. just about right imo. the module looks like the gulfmans evil twin
    Agreed.....I think the basic black w/red is a nice contrast...Just MHO...

Geode
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info

You know I'm a big boy, and wouldn't expect someone to make a decision for me.

I just figured that people who own or owned different versions might weigh in on what they liked or didn't like about each one. I'm at a disadvantage because I have not seen any of the three in real life, only pics on the web, and will probably order one of them sight unseen.

I am starting to lean toward standard-issue black...I'm a sucker for a crisp display...

Geode, thanks for your thoughts as well

you just hit on one of the biggest challenges we have not being able to see in person the color, size, fit on each persons wrist. I have been very lucky so far I have liked everything I have got. but others have flipped a watch soon after getting it becuase it was not what they wanted. good luck and i think you will like the muddie no matter which one you get.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by jhm3 View Post
    I am starting to lean toward standard-issue black...I'm a sucker for a crisp display...
    It's certainly the most practical, and would be my choice for that reason.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I went through the same decision a month ago. I ordered the standard black/red buttons. Once it arrived I didn't like the red buttons and the colors in the display I sent it back. I then ordered the Green with Black display. Once it arrived I didn't care to much for the green. so I dyed it black. Looks awesome but is a little hard to read at lower light conditions. I then ordered a GW9000 Solar Muddy and this is my favorite by far. I too tried it on at a local store and couldn't decide. But I have to say once it arrived it hasn't left my wrist. The time display is super crisp and large compare to my other G's. I wish the date and day were displayed at the same time, but a quick button push gives you either. The solar and atomic are also big plus. It's nice knowing the time is dead on and you don't have to worry about changing the battery. The new gw9010 is also an option. I have not decided if I like it or not? I wish they made a model with out the red trim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by DoubleTap; August 19th, 2008 at 14:32.

The standard black w/ red buttons for me.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

standard for me too...
    watches are meant to tell times..

Quote Originally Posted by jhm3 View Post
    Hi everyone

I have been lurking around the forum for some time now and decided that I must have a Mudman.

I've been eyeing the different models for quite a while now, but can't decide which one to get...

I've seen the atomic multiband 5 version in person, but did not really care for it. So I think a "classic" one is in order, but which one?

I like the green one, but I'm leery of the negative display. I have a GW5660BCJ1 that is not that easy to read IMO, and the Muddie display seems busier so I'm not sure about legibility on that one.

Not sure about the red buttons on the standard black one, although legibility would not be a concern there.

The green camo one seems pretty cool...does the orange film on the display make it harder to read than the standard black one? Any comments on the camo?

Are the "Stormtrooper" or "Milkman" models still available to buy new?

All insights, opinions, and pics welcome! Thanks in advance

Jim
    I have the Green Camo and compared it to the "standard" model. I don't think the display is any harder to read.

I think both the gray camo (I *hate* the term Stormtrooper) and the white/gray model are still available -- both from online retailers and from ebay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information