Mudman or Rangeman ???
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Mudman or Rangeman ???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mudman or Rangeman ???

Since the last digital watch I owned was in the 80's I'm looking for some guidance. I really like the new Navy series Mudman and Rangeman and I will get one of them today. Any reason to pick one over the other ? I know they are similiar in size and I will try on both but just want any insight from the GSHOCK guys....TKS

DON

Re: Mudman or Rangeman ???

I dont have a mudman, but i have a rangeman, its a great watch, ABC functions, lovely big textured silver buttons, sits great on the wrist, just an awesome watch, i cant see any functions or reasons why one would buy a mudman over a rangeman.
    You wont be disappointed with the range, its a great watch and imo looks way better than a mud, cheers

You can't go wrong with either one... both Navy models look great...

HOWEVER,

Personally I prefer the looks of Mudman.. it is a great fitting watch, very well balanced, and looks great in almost every color it has been released in. I love the Rangeman too, and I do have a couple of them, and if you are planning on using all of its many features, they are better used in a positive LCD. With this Navy version being negative LCD, the ABC features are less usable in different lighting situations. But that all depends on how you feel about negative displays.. I like them more for looks than for readability, and a tool watch like the Rangeman just can't be as effective in negative form. So save your money and get the cheaper and better looking Mudman!

Hopefully you can see both in person before you buy so you can see for yourself ... but whichever one you choose - post some pics!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

mudman

I took both and enjoy them all. Mudman a little bit lighter, but Rangeman looks more tough with it's metal details.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

VME

I find the mudman to be more comfortable, but honestly you cannot go wrong with either one. Rangeman does everything the mudman does, plus some. They are both great watches.
    G-Shock: GW9400-3
    Seiko: SRP307

I had both but sold the Rangeman. Mudman looks better and wears more comfy - also the buttons respond faster - you don't have to press them as far even though they are a little harder to press. The metal buttons are nice on the Rangeman, but they do spin freely on their stems because of the round form. And there is differences between the 5-button layout of the Mudman and the 6-button layout of the Rangeman - the Mudman has no extra light button so when making adjustments you cannot use the light as the light button then serves to scroll downwards. And on the worldtime mode you can only scroll in one direction. No big deal IMO. One thing that I don't like so much about the Mudman is the "back protector" which can collect dirt and grime over time. In order to remove that you have to unscrew the backplate - IMO the only design flaw that I can think of. And there have been reports about the Mudman resetting when subjected to strong magnetic fields. Mine never did that but you never know. Haven't heard anything similar about the Rangeman. I swapped out the Rangeman for a PRG-270 btw - almost the same features (minus atomic reception) for about half the price - couldn't be happier with that choice.
    edit: looking at my post again it looks like I listed more flaws of the Mudman than the Rangeman .

cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; May 5th, 2014 at 23:05.
    Cheers
    Sedi

My 2Cents would be for the Mudman.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

The mudman is possibly the most comfortable G and has all the essential functions?
    Time exists but just on your wrist so don't panic....

Military Watches Collection reviews here

Thanks to everyone who responded, much appreciated. I just tried on the Rangeman, Mudman and the new grey/blk camo one too. One was the clear winner, it fit perfect on my wrist and was the most comfortable. So that's the one I got. I wanted this GSHOCK to be a grab & go do all watch so fit/comfort was a must. I will post a wrist shot when I get home. You will all just have to wait to find out which one is the winner.....HA!

DON

Sent by Teletype via Tapatalk
    Ottovonn and nelamvr6 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information