Mudman Solar help

Thread: Mudman Solar help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mudman Solar help

Since the change of Daylight saving my watch is not correct, how do i set the date??

Re: Mudman Solar help

I presume you have problem with Time not with date.

Since I have the same issue here I can tell you that you have two options:

1. Turn the DST off automaticalluy : downside is that on next sync you will not get DSY info.
    2. Move the watch time manually, wait for next sync, than move it to correct time.

Same as with setting the time, you have to press and hold upper left button and than use bottom left to navigate to automatic time setting where you have to choose to keep it to "auto" or to turn it off.

In my case I left it on Auto and I've moved the time to correct time. Now I'm (STIL GGGGGRRRRR) waiting for a sync.

Tough call what to do, both have +es and -nuses.

P.S.

I have solar Gulfman with the same issue but I don't think it matters since modules are VERY similar in both watches.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    Now I'm (STIL GGGGGRRRRR) waiting for a sync.
    After the DST changeover, I noticed that on my 4 waveceptors the auto sync is a hit and miss. Never encountered any sync problems before the changeover. Could be the weather condition that is affecting the atomic signal. I am also still waiting for a successful sync on my GW-056A
    Last edited by nKato; November 8th, 2007 at 19:49.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've never had a DST issue with any of my atomics, including my atomic MUDMAN and GULFMAN.

That's because you got lucky with sync at the changeover time.

In my neck of the woods (Ontario Canada) it will not sync if the weather is bad... and it has been bad / cloudy for almost a week now...

TTT

Why is it that they don't just put the DST signal (on or off) in every broadcast? (I'm assuming they don't, and this is why people are having problems if they missed the changeover sync). Does it use too much bandwidth or something?

time is fine, the date says 11/5, how do I change the time??

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    Why is it that they don't just put the DST signal (on or off) in every broadcast? (I'm assuming they don't, and this is why people are having problems if they missed the changeover sync). Does it use too much bandwidth or something?
    They do, see here:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/56487...ns%2C+Colorado.

Watcheye.

TTT

Thanks for the link, Watcheye! That's pretty cool. I can see now why it's so hard to do a manual receive, especially if you don't have the watch absolutely still.

I still don't understand why this problem exists though - the signal contains both an 'hour' signal and a DST on/off signal - so shouldn't the watch get everything it needs to display the right time as soon as it can sync, rather than people having to set the time, then set it again once it syncs and turns DST off via the signal? I can see why this would happen if there was no hour signal, but there is... is it because it's received before the DST signal?

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    Thanks for the link, Watcheye! That's pretty cool. I can see now why it's so hard to do a manual receive, especially if you don't have the watch absolutely still.

I still don't understand why this problem exists though - the signal contains both an 'hour' signal and a DST on/off signal - so shouldn't the watch get everything it needs to display the right time as soon as it can sync, rather than people having to set the time, then set it again once it syncs and turns DST off via the signal? I can see why this would happen if there was no hour signal, but there is... is it because it's received before the DST signal?
    My waveceptor watches displays the correct time with the DST indicator turned off after a successful sync. No intervention is required by the user provided the time calibration setting is set to auto receive and the DST setting is set to auto.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information